Thread: 2012 Pres. Election.
#1 2012 Pres. Election.
04-01-2011, 12:20 AM
- Join Date
- May 2008
- Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
Electoral College changes
The 2010 Census changed the Electoral College vote apportionment for the Presidential elections from 2012 to 2020 in the following states.
States in blue represent states that gained votes. States in orange represent states that lost votes. These changes would give the Democratic Party a net loss of six electoral votes in typically blue states, while the Republican Party will see a net gain of six electoral votes in typically red states. Votes allocated to remaining states remain unchanged from the national total of 115.
If States vote along historic party lines, Blue States still hold 242 Electorates, with Red States holding 181 Electorates.
Primary and caucus dates
May 15th Nebraska Primary - 35 Delegates
May 15th Oregon Primary - 28 Delegates
Here is the current Candidate to date list with Delegate count won.
- President Barack Obama of Illinois (Officially Running)
- Mitt Romney, former Governor from Massachusetts (Officially Running)
Socialist Party USA
- Stewart Alexander, activist (Officially Running)
- Kent Mesplay, Green Party activist and air quality inspector from California (Officially Running)
- GARY, ROGER V activist and former elected official of San Antonio, Texas (Officially Running)
- R. Lee Wrights, former Libertarian National Committee Vice-Chair (Officially Running)
- Gary E. Johnson, former Governor of New Mexico (Officially Running)
- Jack Fellure (Officially Running)
The Reform Party
- Buddy Roemer, former Governor from Louisiana (Officially Running)
- Tim Pawlenty, [R] former Governor from Minnesota 8/14/11
- "I wish it would have been different, but obviously the pathway forward for me doesn't exist so we are going to end the campaign,"
- Jonathon Sharkey, [R] perennial candidate, wrestler and vampire from Florida 08/24/2011
- simple... I have movie offers from Hollywood, and they will pay me better than what the office of POTUS does
- Representative Thad McCotter, [R] of Michigan 8/22/11
- "It was sort of death by media."
- Herman Cain, [R] businessman and radio talk show host from Georgia 12/3/11
- "I am not going away. I will continue to be a voice for the people."
- Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota 1/4/12
- U.S. Ambassador to China Jon Huntsman, Jr. of Utah 1/16/12
- Today I am suspending my campaign and supporting the candidate who is best-equipped to defeat the president and return conservative leadership to the White House: Governor Mitt Romney.
- Vern Wuensche, Businessman 1/16/12
- Rick Perry, Governor of Texas 1/19/12
- (To Be Announced)
- Rick Santorum, former Senator from Pennsylvania4/10/12
- "We made a decision over the weekend that, while this presidential race for us is over, for me, and we will suspend our campaign effective today, we are not done fighting,"
- Newt Gingrich, former U.S. Speaker of the House of Representatives from Georgia.5/2/12
- "You have to at some point be honest about what's happening in the real world as opposed to what you would like to have happened."
- Ron Paul, U.S. Representative from Texas 5/14/12
- “Moving forward, however, we will no longer spend resources campaigning in primaries in states that have not yet voted,”
Official candidate websites
The Reform Party
Last edited by Apocalypse; 05-14-2012 at 08:23 PM.Rest In Peace America
July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|