Page 22 of 42 FirstFirst ... 12202122232432 ... LastLast
    Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    She just won the straw poll, can't really say she's not moving...it's kinda that dead, nothing going on time...I'd give it a couple more debates, particularly with Perry in them, to see how things shake up.
    Very true, but in the Sept. 24 Florida straw poll, she has chosen not to participate in that poll. She is going to take a hit.

That poll is going to include ALL top GOP contenders, regardless of their intent to participate.

Romney and Bachmann, both will not actively participate in that poll. Not campaigning in that state this early. But will be on the list. And will take a bad hit with poor showing regardless.

Backmann could go from front runner in the Ames Poll, to dead last on the Florida straw poll due to her not canvasing the state and thus looking bad.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Very true, but in the Sept. 24 Florida straw poll, she has chosen not to participate in that poll. She is going to take a hit.

That poll is going to include ALL top GOP contenders, regardless of their intent to participate.

Romney and Bachmann, both will not actively participate in that poll. Not campaigning in that state this early. But will be on the list. And will take a bad hit with poor showing regardless.

Backmann could go from front runner in the Ames Poll, to dead last on the Florida straw poll due to her not canvasing the state and thus looking bad.
    While she'll look bad (and I think it's a dumb move personally) I highly doubt she'll end up dead last. Current numbers are around 13% and from that link shows Santorum dead last with about 2% of the vote. I doubt she or Romney will win the FL Poll, just neither will come in dead last either.
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Banned
    I like Bachmann. Don't know if Bachmann has staying power. If she falters and Perry newness wears off, I look for Palin to jump in. RINO Romney is the one to beat.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I like Bachmann. Don't know if Bachmann has staying power. If she falters and Perry newness wears off, I look for Palin to jump in. RINO Romney is the one to beat.
    I don't think Palin ever intends to run. I have a feeling she will be in the area again. But she I think is having too much fun messing with the liberal left who are tripping over them selves trying to prove she is UN-electable when she isn't even running. She will keep the liberal media busy, giving the true candidates a chance to get their message out, without being destroyed by the media.
    Rest In Peace America

I don't think Palin ever intends to run. I have a feeling she will be in the area again. But she I think is having too much fun messing with the liberal left who are tripping over them selves trying to prove she is UN-electable when she isn't even running. She will keep the liberal media busy, giving the true candidates a chance to get their message out, without being destroyed by the media.
    You know what would be kinda fun? having her as Press Sec for whoever does become pres :D
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    You know what would be kinda fun? having her as Press Sec for whoever does become pres :D
    Now that would be endless entertainment.
    Rest In Peace America

Banned
    You might be right but if Romney is the nominee, it would not surprise me if Palin, Trump or another conservative would jump into the race as an Independent. I think that would eat in her craw too much to allow another 4 years of Obama or Obama lite.

In a 3 way race against 2 liberals, I could see her winning enough states that neither has enough electoral votes. Shit can happen.:)

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    You might be right but if Romney is the nominee, it would not surprise me if Palin, Trump or another conservative would jump into the race as an Independent. I think that would eat in her craw too much to allow another 4 years of Obama or Obama lite.

In a 3 way race against 2 liberals, I could see her winning enough states that neither has enough electoral votes. Shit can happen.:)
    Trump has the money to do it, and he's still yacking about running. Palin on the other hand, while she would get votes, doesn't have the money for a General election campaign to go Independent. If anyone does it, it'll be Trump.

Trump has agreed not to run. Part of why I took him off the list yesterday. He has talked about it, but has agreed not to, as it would split the vote and hand Obama a second term. Palin as fettpett said doesn't has the cash reserves to run as a Indy. If she runs, it has to be as a Republican party ticket candidate. I just don't see her running regardless at this point.

If Mitt wins the ticket, its him or Obama. We will have little or no other choice. I expect Palin to support him regardless. So he will gain support, grudgingly from the right. Only question remains. How much do the voters want to see Obama gone, to vote for Mitt?
    Rest In Peace America

Jonathon (The Impaler) Sharkey dropped. Read his letter to the FEC for a laugh.
    Rest In Peace America