Page 13 of 42 FirstFirst ... 3111213141523 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I agree. Cain has proven himself to be a communicator. Now if he can get the right people in place for a good campaign we might just get to see him have the chance to prove himself.
    The good news is that he has a proven history of doing that, at least in the business arena. I am certain that he could do that once actually President. The trick is that campaigns are not the same as governing (something our Illustrious Leader has yet to figure out), so he needs a whole different team for the campaign. But he's right up front in saying that he relies on good advisors, which I think is a good thing: go ahead and make sure everyone knows it's a team thing, not a "me" thing, so I have some good confidence in him to do his best to recruit the right people for the campaign as well as for the Cabinet.

Right now, he has both my moral and my financial support. No one has impressed me more out of the current field, both declared and un-declared.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    so much for defending you, jerk :p
    Don't you know public school teachers are superior. I just have not figured out what they are superior to cause it sure has hell has not been indicative of advancing higher standards in education in this country for many years.:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    The good news is that he has a proven history of doing that, at least in the business arena. I am certain that he could do that once actually President. The trick is that campaigns are not the same as governing (something our Illustrious Leader has yet to figure out), so he needs a whole different team for the campaign. But he's right up front in saying that he relies on good advisors, which I think is a good thing: go ahead and make sure everyone knows it's a team thing, not a "me" thing, so I have some good confidence in him to do his best to recruit the right people for the campaign as well as for the Cabinet.

Right now, he has both my moral and my financial support. No one has impressed me more out of the current field, both declared and un-declared.
    I agree. I have put my name in as a volunteer for his campaign.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    If Palin decides to run, she will win the nomination and beat the pants off of Obama.
    I would love to think that, but I'm afraid she simply has too much baggage at this point. It's not of her doing: the Left put ten thousand anvils in her suitcase starting in '08 and the savagery just has not stopped. But I think that she's going to have real electability problems come the general election, because the Leftist media is going to do a non-stop drumbeat about how dumb she is (false), how inexperienced she is (false), how she's a quitter (false), how she's only out for money (probably not 100% true, but who could turn up the kinds of paychecks she's been getting if they were in her shoes?), and then there's the whole Bristol business, the insane Left's Trig business, etc., etc., etc.

Palin sits in the catbird seat right now as a kingmaker. I don't think it would be wise for her to come down from that position just at the moment, either for herself or for American conservatism. She not only manages to keep from getting hurt sitting in a high chair where she is, she also can rain incredible damage down upon the Left, as she has been doing pretty consistently for a couple of years now.

2016 or 2020 might be a different matter, but I think this time around, she would be wise to keep on keeping on, and I think that would be better for conservatives everywhere as well. She gets to drive the debate toward the Right without having any actual consequences for the moment, and that's a rare opportunity that really shouldn't be squandered.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Banned
    :D You know old people. They have selective vision and hearing.
    You have the hearing part right. Now, what is your excuse for being a hard headed know it all that has piss poor writing skills and comprehension problems. .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Wood View Post
    I would love to think that, but I'm afraid she simply has too much baggage at this point. It's not of her doing: the Left put ten thousand anvils in her suitcase starting in '08 and the savagery just has not stopped. But I think that she's going to have real electability problems come the general election, because the Leftist media is going to do a non-stop drumbeat about how dumb she is (false), how inexperienced she is (false), how she's a quitter (false), how she's only out for money (probably not 100% true, but who could turn up the kinds of paychecks she's been getting if they were in her shoes?), and then there's the whole Bristol business, the insane Left's Trig business, etc., etc., etc.

Palin sits in the catbird seat right now as a kingmaker. I don't think it would be wise for her to come down from that position just at the moment, either for herself or for American conservatism. She not only manages to keep from getting hurt sitting in a high chair where she is, she also can rain incredible damage down upon the Left, as she has been doing pretty consistently for a couple of years now.

2016 or 2020 might be a different matter, but I think this time around, she would be wise to keep on keeping on, and I think that would be better for conservatives everywhere as well. She gets to drive the debate toward the Right without having any actual consequences for the moment, and that's a rare opportunity that really shouldn't be squandered.
    I don't think she will run. I hope she does; I do agree with many of your points. I think she has learned a great deal since 08 and will not fall into the gotcha traps. But, we will see.

This campaign will be the nastiest one you will ever witness. So, baggage will not make any difference. If the liberals can not find any, they will make it up. Racism, stealing S.S. checks, kicking grandma out of hospitals, drilling for oil next to owl habitat, etc are attacks that the Democrats will use. Being able to fire back and go on the offensive is the type of candidate that we need. Palin and Cain meet that test.

You have the hearing part right. Now, what is your excuse for being a hard headed know it all that has piss poor writing skills and comprehension problems. .
    I have no problems with comprehension nor with writing. In fact I'm good enough at both to be able to set you to dancing on a regular basis.

Banned
    I have no problems with comprehension nor with writing. In fact I'm good enough at both to be able to set you to dancing on a regular basis.
    A comma goes after fact. :D Now, don't get your panties all in a wad.

A comma goes after fact. :D Now, don't get your panties all in a wad.
    There you go a dancing again.

Banned
    There you go a dancing again.
    Better than midget prancing.:eek::eek::eek: