Thread: 2012 Pres. Election.

Page 17 of 42 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    thin? There is Cain, Paul, Johnson, Santorum, a few could tolerate Pawlenty, but no one here will back Romney, hell I doubt even Nova would back him
    I was talking about the larger electorate. Here is pretty fringe.

Cain seems to be a flash that will be out before South Carolina, Paul will go until he has to start working on his congressional seat, Johnson will Kucinich out, and Santorum may get some Iowa love but third at best.

Unless the Republicans can convince Perry to enter the race or Bachmann gets involved, you are looking at Romney, Pawlenty, and Huntsman.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post

Cain seems to be a flash that will be out before South Carolina, Paul will go until he has to start working on his congressional seat, Johnson will Kucinich out, and Santorum may get some Iowa love but third at best.

Unless the Republicans can convince Perry to enter the race or Bachmann gets involved, you are looking at Romney, Pawlenty, and Huntsman.
    Man, Huntsman just leaves me cold. I'm nuetral on Bachman; I like Pawlenty; don't like Romney (too slick); Palin is too divisive, I think (and hasn't said she will run); Cain is my guy for now.
    But regardless, I'm voting for the "R" person.:)

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar

Cain's not a flash he's got a lot of grassroots support, including many here, hell he just pushed into the 100k mark on Facebook (while doesn't mean a LOT does show that he's got a lot of support and is growing)

Paul has national pull but not enough and has a lot of baggage from last time around

Johnson is no where near Kookinich and has experience running a state

Santorum will be around like that annoying little mosquito that buzzes around your ear

Huntsman doesn't have a lot of name reconiton and not sure if he can get it, he's been out of the country for a while

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Man, Huntsman just leaves me cold. I'm nuetral on Bachman; I like Pawlenty; don't like Romney (too slick); Palin is too divisive, I think (and hasn't said she will run); Cain is my guy for now.
    well we've got a year of nomination process to go, there needs to be more vetting, but Cain will become one of the front runners

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    I still don't think Ham Sandwich is in play. I also think that the Ryan Plan, and the Republican apparatus' reaction to Newt's criticism, makes it all the more difficult for the eventual nominee.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Added George Pataki &Allen West
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

I still don't think Ham Sandwich is in play. I also think that the Ryan Plan, and the Republican apparatus' reaction to Newt's criticism, makes it all the more difficult for the eventual nominee.
    Well, in all fairness, a ham sandwich would have better credentials than Obama had when he first got the nomination, and would have a better record now.

The Republican reaction to Newt's criticism shows that the party may be getting serious about fiscal responsibility and pointless fratricide. Newt didn't have to attack Ryan, and his doing so did nothing to defeat Obama. The rest of the field will be a lot less inclined to trash each other for being conservatives, which means that the RINOs in the field will have much of their ammunition nullified.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Well, in all fairness, a ham sandwich would have better credentials than Obama had when he first got the nomination, and would have a better record now.
    Like I said, here is fringe. Of course Ham Sandwich is in play the guys around here.

Republican reaction to Newt's criticism shows that the party may be getting serious about fiscal responsibility and pointless fratricide. Newt didn't have to attack Ryan, and his doing so did nothing to defeat Obama. The rest of the field will be a lot less inclined to trash each other for being conservatives, which means that the RINOs in the field will have much of their ammunition nullified.
    Which is the important thing for the home team: Defeating Obama. What is good for the United States and having a capable and effective Executive doesn't matter.

Boring.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    Randall Terry is running as a Democrat? Or is it just an excuse for him to protest in front of the 2012 democratic convention?

He's probably just wanting attention, since Janet Reno applied RICO laws to Operation Rescue and drove them into bankruptcy, he really hasn't been in the media spotlight.
    Born in America to Citizen parents and has a moral conscience.........................unlike BHO aka The Kenyan

Like I said, here is fringe. Of course Ham Sandwich is in play the guys around here.

Which is the important thing for the home team: Defeating Obama. What is good for the United States and having a capable and effective Executive doesn't matter.

Boring.
    Defeating O Blah Blah and "good for the United States" is exactly the same thing. O Blah Blah is the worst president ever (quite an accomplishment after the Carter fiasco), and defeating him and reversing his damage to the country is the only way to save this country. I hope you aren't stupid enough to believe that O Blah Blah is a "capable and effective Executive."
    Last edited by AmPat; 05-30-2011 at 08:35 PM.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand