Page 24 of 42 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I wish more people would listen to this clip. I'm so sick of these politicians---Romney accusing Gingrich of eliminating child labor laws. '

If kids in some of the poorer neighborhoods had the opportunity to work little jobs in the schools and actually learn, that would be a good thing. We all have to really dig to get the truth behind the jabs thrown at other politicians. No one lies like a politician. :eek:
    A kid that works part-time learns valuable lessons about punctuality, planning and achieving goals, accomplishing tasks and working with other people. Schools can teach some of this, but money is a more powerful incentive than grades for a lot of kids, especially kids in poorer neighborhoods. Liberals claim to be on the side of the worker, but their approach to work is to ensure that as few people as possible do as little of it as they can.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Gary E. Johnson, has decided to flip and is now running as a Libertarian party candidate.
    Removed a Prohibition candidate due to failure to win the parties ticket.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Gary E. Johnson, has decided to flip and is now running as a Libertarian party candidate.
    Intersting. He started off intersting, but his lack of TV "presence" killed him pretty quickly, unfortunately. Seems like a good guy.

Note: you should move his website from the GOP header to the LP header.
    Olde-style, states' rights conservative. Ask if this concept confuses you.

Locked in a Dungeon, being tortured and LOVING IT!
    Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota has suspended her bid for President.
    Rest In Peace America
    July 4, 1776 - January 20, 2009

Quote Originally Posted by Apocalypse View Post
    Representative Michele Bachmann of Minnesota has suspended her bid for President.

Well there's one person off the crazy train. Now waiting for Santorum to falter. Word now apparently is New Hampshire isn't looking good for him.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Quote Originally Posted by Generation Why? View Post
    Well there's one person off the crazy train. Now waiting for Santorum to falter. Word now apparently is New Hampshire isn't looking good for him.
    Care to explain your comment or were you just pooping on the floor?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Care to explain your comment or were you just pooping on the floor?

Bachmann and Santorum have some good ideas but I think invoke their religious beliefs too much in the social issues.
    A creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the desire to beat others. Ayn Rand

Power Point Ranger

Bachmann and Santorum have some good ideas but I think invoke their religious beliefs too much in the social issues.
    I don't believe "social issues" are relevant in this election. We have real and severe problems facing this nation and whether you believe in abortion or any other inconsequential matter should be secondary to electing a REAL Conservative. Abortion isn't going to be a real agenda for the foreseeable future. It is a distraction from the economic catastrophe created and accelerated by progressive, unconstitutional expansion of entitlement-redistribute-the-wealth BS.

What "relevant" objections do you have?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    I don't believe "social issues" are relevant in this election. We have real and severe problems facing this nation and whether you believe in abortion or any other inconsequential matter should be secondary to electing a REAL Conservative. Abortion isn't going to be a real agenda for the foreseeable future. It is a distraction from the economic catastrophe created and accelerated by progressive, unconstitutional expansion of entitlement-redistribute-the-wealth BS.

What "relevant" objections do you have?

Completely agree social issues shouldn't be a big part of the election. However, they tend to be and all candidates have them. I don't like Santorum's stance on contraceptives and neither person's view of gay marriage or abortion. But that's just me. Looking forward to South Carolina. Mitt has New Hampshire in the bag.

Power Point Ranger

Completely agree social issues shouldn't be a big part of the election. However, they tend to be and all candidates have them. I don't like Santorum's stance on contraceptives and neither person's view of gay marriage or abortion. But that's just me. Looking forward to South Carolina. Mitt has New Hampshire in the bag.
    You appear completely comfortable with a stripped down military and a non-interventionist foreign policy. You also seem comfy with a proven Big Government, establishment type progressive Republican.

At least they don't mind killing babies, running up bankrupting debt, and socializing our country.
    C. S. Lewis
    Ayn Rand