Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 "Cops Fail To Arrest Fellow Union Member,After all They're Only Republicians !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    WI: Woman faces charges in threatening emails to lawmakers (govt commies REFUSE TO ARREST HER!)

MADISON (WKOW) -- Authorities say 26-year-old Katherine Windels sent disturbing emails to 16 Republican senators, repeatedly threatening to kill them.

Windels, of Cross Plains, faces four charges including using a computer to send a threat and creating a bomb scare.

Two of the counts are felonies, two are misdemeanors. The criminal complaint says the emails were sent on March 9, the same day senate Republicans passed the revised budget repair bill with no Democrats present.

According to the complaint, Windels told the senators "you will be killed and your families [sic] will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks." She threatened to "put a nice little bullet in your head," and made reference to several bombs.

Investigators visited Windels at her home the next day. According to the complaint, she told them she had sent the emails, and did so because she was very angry about what the senators had done. She also said she didn't intend to carry out the threats, and was not arrested.

Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne filed the charges Thursday. He says "it's odd" law enforcement never took Windels into custody.

"The reality is, the person was not placed into custody, so at some point, law enforcement didn't see the person as an imminent threat," Ozanne said. "It's not that the case was not serious or taken seriously by law enforcement or by this office."

http://www.wkow.com/Global/story.asp?S=14361120

Oh shit! Megi's slamming on cops!!!

:p
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

I read the entire article. Where does it say that cops refused to arrest her? Here is the linked article in it's entirety:

MADISON (WKOW) -- Authorities say 26-year-old Katherine Windels sent disturbing emails to 16 Republican senators, repeatedly threatening to kill them.

Windels, of Cross Plains, faces four charges including using a computer to send a threat and creating a bomb scare.

Two of the counts are felonies, two are misdemeanors. The criminal complaint says the emails were sent on March 9, the same day senate Republicans passed the revised budget repair bill with no Democrats present.

According to the complaint, Windels told the senators "you will be killed and your families [sic] will also be killed due to your actions in the last 8 weeks." She threatened to "put a nice little bullet in your head," and made reference to several bombs.

Investigators visited Windels at her home the next day. According to the complaint, she told them she had sent the emails, and did so because she was very angry about what the senators had done. She also said she didn't intend to carry out the threats, and was not arrested.

Dane County District Attorney Ismael Ozanne filed the charges Thursday. He says "it's odd" law enforcement never took Windels into custody.

"The reality is, the person was not placed into custody, so at some point, law enforcement didn't see the person as an imminent threat," Ozanne said. "It's not that the case was not serious or taken seriously by law enforcement or by this office."

This morning, the Justice Department sent a letter to the media, saying it was concerned about the "lack of action" on the case by the D.A.'s office. The Justice Department had referred the case to Ozanne two weeks prior.

Ozanne says his office filed charges in an appropriate amount of time.

"The file was reviewed as quickly as possible," he said.

He declined to comment on whether the letter could be the result of mounting tensions between his office, and the Justice Department. The two are pitted against each other in the lawsuit against the Governor's budget repair bill.

Windels is not in custody. The D.A.'s office says she won't be arrested.

The district attorney's office said Friday morning, the 26-year-old will now make her initial appearance Thursday, April 21.

If convicted on all counts, she could face up to seven years, six months in prison.

MADISON (WKOW) -- The Dane County District Attorney has filed charges in connection with threats against state lawmakers.

Katherine Windels, of Cross Plains, 26, faces four counts including a computer message threat and bomb scare.

Two are felony and two are misdemeanor charges.

The threats, made against Republican state senators and possibly others according to authorities, led to tighter capitol security earlier this month, when thousands protested the passage of collective bargaining limits and demanded more access to the building.
    Please highlight where it says in the article that "cops fail to arrest fellow union member, after all they're only Republicans" because I don't see it. But I guess it's OK because it's perfectly fine to libel cops on the CU.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    I read the entire article. Where does it say that cops refused to arrest her? Here is the linked article in it's entirety:

Please highlight where it says in the article that "cops fail to arrest fellow union member, after all they're only Republicans" because I don't see it. But I guess it's OK because it's perfectly fine to libel cops on the CU.
    Public service has become suspect recently for some reason. It is now the focus of anger in the nation for a large number of our citizens. It was an abrupt change, too.

I think people tend to conflate the duties of the D.A. and the police. Most of the time, they work toward the same ends but some of the time, the D.A. is playing politics and the police get blamed. That looks like the case here.

It's just another example of moo using the WND tactic of creating sensational headlines that have no basis in reality.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    I think people tend to conflate the duties of the D.A. and the police. Most of the time, they work toward the same ends but some of the time, the D.A. is playing politics and the police get blamed. That looks like the case here.

"In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    "In the criminal justice system, the people are represented by two separate yet equally important groups: the police who investigate crime and the district attorneys who prosecute the offenders. These are their stories."
    LOL! I totally heard the theme music when I read your post! :p

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Oh shit! Megi's slamming on cops!!!

:p
    Just the facts man,just the facts !As I understand it the law is to be administrated
    equally and the cops aren't Judges or Jury's .She's union and from the evidence she committed a serious crime .The cops have no right to decide that she's not a danger to the public.

" The words "Equal Justice Under Law" apparently paraphrase an earlier expression coined by Chief Justice Melville Fuller. In the case of Caldwell v. Texas in 1891, Fuller wrote about the

"Fuller wrote about the Fourteenth Amendment as follows:

By the Fourteenth Amendment the powers of the States in dealing with crime within their borders are not limited, but no State can deprive particular persons or classes of persons of equal and impartial justice under the law."

Freeper's headlines...."WI: Woman faces charges in threatening emails to lawmakers (govt commies REFUSE TO ARREST HER!)"

Windels is not in custody. The D.A.'s office says she won't be arrested.

Last edited by megimoo; 04-01-2011 at 11:43 AM.