1. #1 "Shut'er Down !" 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    57% of Americans OK With Government Shutdown If It Leads to Cuts

A new Rasmussen poll shows that now 57% of Americans are ok with the Government shutting down if it leads to cuts. A majority of voters are fine with a partial shutdown of the federal government if thatís what it takes to get deeper cuts in federal government spending.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 57% of Likely U.S. Voters think making deeper spending cuts in the federal budget for 2011 is more important than avoiding a partial government shutdown.

Thirty-one percent (31%) disagree and say avoiding a shutdown is more important. Twelve percent (12%) are not...

http://politicons.net/57-of-american...leads-to-cuts/

The Dems are seriously mistaken if they think they can repeat the lies of 1994 and come out on top.

As this poll shows...the people aren't going to fall for it again.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Let them pass that bill ensuring we are still getting paid, and they can shut that thing down as long as they want.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Let them pass that bill ensuring we are still getting paid, and they can shut that thing down as long as they want.
    The first thing they'll do in a shut down is furlough the DA and AF civilians...which menas we might actually get some work done. :D
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    The first thing they'll do in a shut down is furlough the DA and AF civilians...which menas we might actually get some work done. :D
    The civilians in my unit are actually pretty vital to our work. Take the civilians away and the largest air operations center in the world shuts down. They easily make up more then half our work force.

My shop could get by, because we only have 5 civilians, but some of the other execution cells are entirely made up of them with no one else trained to do their job. Take them away, and I have no reason to go to work.
    Last edited by djones520; 04-02-2011 at 06:57 AM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    Shutting down the government and congress out of session are the only time the American People are safe.

Shut it down and then eliminate the extraneous.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    Shutting down the government and congress out of session are the only time the American People are safe.

Shut it down and then eliminate the extraneous.
    No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe while our legislature is in session.
    --- Benjamin Franklin

No nation was ever ruined by trade.
    --- Benjamin Franklin

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    whoa. Mr. Franklin said it so well.