Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 17 of 17
  1. #11  
    Our widdle friend. Wei Wu Wei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    6,414
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Any half whit should be able to figure that out wei wei. Soros has lots of money and as they say money makes the world go round .It also greases the political big wheels and molds public opinion.
    So you're saying people with tons of wealth are able to influence politics, media, and public opinion?

    Sounds a bit like Class Warfare to me comrade
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #12  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    41,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    So you're saying people with tons of wealth are able to influence politics, media, and public opinion?

    Sounds a bit like Class Warfare to me comrade
    and you don't think there are classes within a communist society?
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #13  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    and you don't think there are classes within a communist society?
    the haves and everyone else
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #14  
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    3,269
    Even though I am more in Way-Way's camp in that I am sceptical of Soros' power I remain skeered of Soros.

    Soros makes money and that's a fact. Even though he was credited/blamed for an Asian monetary crisis in 1997, not everyone agrees that Soros caused it. The Malaysian Prime Minister blamed it on him but later retracted that accusation.

    My own feeling is that Soros wishes he had the power to collapse currencies and governments at will. But he doesn't. After all, if he did, wouldn't he be the richest man in the world instead of 35th?
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #15  
    Senior Member Apache's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Tree rats are watching you
    Posts
    7,000
    Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    So you're saying people with tons of wealth are able to influence politics, media, and public opinion?

    Sounds a bit like Class Warfare to me comrade
    Typical libturd trying to muddy the waters with bullshit!
    Government is not the solution to our problem, government is the problem.
    Ronald Reagan

    We could say they are spending like drunken sailors. That would be unfair to drunken sailors, they're spending their OWN money.
    Ronald Reagan

    R.I.P. Crockspot
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #16  
    Power CUer noonwitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Warren, MI
    Posts
    12,458
    Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    Even though I am more in Way-Way's camp in that I am sceptical of Soros' power I remain skeered of Soros.

    Soros makes money and that's a fact. Even though he was credited/blamed for an Asian monetary crisis in 1997, not everyone agrees that Soros caused it. The Malaysian Prime Minister blamed it on him but later retracted that accusation.

    My own feeling is that Soros wishes he had the power to collapse currencies and governments at will. But he doesn't. After all, if he did, wouldn't he be the richest man in the world instead of 35th?

    I don't think he's that much of a threat to anyone. Glenn Beck needs someone to demonize, and Soros fits the bill.

    I think it's very sleazy of Beck to attack him for the WWII activities. Soros was a kid, and wasn't responsible. When Beck says "I don't want to hold him responsible" but then spends the next 10 minutes ranting about how Soros helped the Nazis as a teenager to save his own life and taking Soros' own quotes totally out of context....

    I am neutral on Soros. I don't think he's the boogeyman that so many on the right think he is.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #17  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    I don't think he's that much of a threat to anyone. Glenn Beck needs someone to demonize, and Soros fits the bill.

    I think it's very sleazy of Beck to attack him for the WWII activities. Soros was a kid, and wasn't responsible. When Beck says "I don't want to hold him responsible" but then spends the next 10 minutes ranting about how Soros helped the Nazis as a teenager to save his own life and taking Soros' own quotes totally out of context....

    I am neutral on Soros. I don't think he's the boogeyman that so many on the right think he is.

    really? the dude funds tons of leftwing nutjob organizations
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •