Thread: Sunday Thread; Wot's it got in its pocketses?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Sunday Thread; Wot's it got in its pocketses? 
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Windy and slightly cool overnight but expect a high in the 70's tomorrow.

TOTD: Do you carry any good luck charm, memento, or any such other item in your pocket or keychain or purse, or hanging from teh rear view mirror of you vehicle?

I have a couple of little rocks I've carried for years, and a little metal coin with an angel on it.

TOTD 2: What utilitarian items do you carry beyond the usual money, keys, coins, etc?

I carry a pocket knife, fingernal clippers, and a lighter.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

It was a glorious day and a glorious night. I'm posting from the gazebo - it's that warm! (For a day or two.)

TOTD: No luck charms. I carry a Swiss Army knife with a million blades for normal stuff. I carry (or sometimes wear) a hideaway knife designed for women. I have a CCW so that's a factor sometimes. I also always carry a pocket Bible and usually some sock knitting gear.

I guess "trust but verify and stay warm" is my motto. :p

TOTD 1: When my mother died, I inherited her 1 caret diamond stud earrings.
    I wear them everyday and they are pretty much the only earrings I ever wear.
    That's kind of my way of still feeling close to her.

TOTD 2: For years I've always carried a Leatherman in my purse.
    I've used it many times for the oddest of things. I'm like McGyver
    with it. I'm never without it.

Banned
    Warm and sunny in Bayou Land. Rain on Monday and then perfect weather thru the week so the weather forecasters say. Might get a wild hair and go back to the beach for a couple of days.

TOTD. My wallet and car keys is all I carry. Leave my lose change in a fruit cake can.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Bubba Dawg View Post
    Windy and slightly cool overnight but expect a high in the 70's tomorrow.

TOTD: Do you carry any good luck charm, memento, or any such other item in your pocket or keychain or purse, or hanging from teh rear view mirror of you vehicle?

I have a couple of little rocks I've carried for years, and a little metal coin with an angel on it.

TOTD 2: What utilitarian items do you carry beyond the usual money, keys, coins, etc?

I carry a pocket knife, fingernal clippers, and a lighter.
    Warm today,the overnight snow is just about gone.What do I carry...just my IMI Uzi in a sling and my rosary beads .

Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    Warm today,the overnight snow is just about gone.What do I carry...just my IMI Uzi in a sling and my rosary beads .
    What kind of beads? I prefer Hematite for home use but something a little more lightweight for the road. :)

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    What kind of beads? I prefer Hematite for home use but something a little more lightweight for the road. :)
    Just plain inexpensive plastic rosary beads .The kind they give away in the back of the church .Most times I just 'tell' my fingers !

Hot today, already triple digits in AZ.

TOTD: I carry my "wallet" in my back pocket, I don't carry a full wallet, just one of the small normal wallet inserts that holds my cards (CCW, DL, old military ID, Debit & Credit & Pics of the kids). I carry my phone, keys and a can of Copenhagen in my front right, and a spare magazine for my pistol in my left. I guess my spare mag could become a good luck charm if I ever needed it. In an IWB holster I carry my pistol and flashlight.

You never know how handy a bright LED flashlight is until you start carrying one. I started carrying a flashlight when I got my CCW because my course instructor suggested it. You have to be absolutely certain of your target before you fire, so if you carry a gun, a flashlight might as well be required as well. However, I use the flashlight at least twice a day! Drop something behind your desk or in the car? Find it much faster with a flashlight. Need to unlock your house door when the porch is dark? The flashlight is key. Seriously, everyone should start carrying a small, bright flashlight. You'd be surprised how much easier it makes your life.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

TOTD 1: Two coins. Not currency type, but momento type. One was awarded to me by the Air Force Director of Weather for my efforts in single handedly building a Typhoon Readiness Exercise that my base used. The other was awarded to me by the PACAF Director of Weather for being recognized as an Outstanding Performer in a Mission Compliance Inspection. My knowledge of our Mission Execution Forecast process was so extensive that it led to the inspectors advising PACAF to use our process across the entire command, which is at least 11 differant bases. I used to carry another awarded to me by a 1 Star general when I had provided him with such exact timing on when a thunderstorm would hit that he was able to land, and get his aircraft into the hanger exactly 10 seconds before the first lightning strike struck the airfield. I traded that one to a pilot who wanted to provide a gift to his father with a unique coin.

These coins are frequently called challenge coins, because if your out at lunch, or a bar, or something like that with your friends, if a coin hits the table everyone has to show. Last person, or the one who doesn't have one ends up buying the drinks.

TOTD2: I'll usually keep a multi tool handy. If not on my person, then in my glove box.
    Last edited by djones520; 04-03-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

already humid here. today in the low 80's. may have to turn on the AC.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots