1. #1 Bug Report: Viewed Threads Not Unbolded 
    Greetings Admins, I have a bug to report with the forums. I use the "Remember Me" option to keep me logged in from my windows laptop. I also use the "New Posts" link often throughout the day to read up and comment on current threads, without moving through the forum section by section. Normally when I click the "New Posts" link, thread titles that I've already viewed in the returned list are in a normal non-bolded font while threads that have new posts in them that I haven't seen yet are bolded. After clicking "New Posts" several times, all the thread titles become bolded whether they have new posts in them that I haven't yet read or not. The only way I can fix this, and return the thread titles to normal behavior is to delete the "cu2fourm_view" cookie, and then either refresh the page or click "New Posts" again. Then after using the "New Posts" button several more times, all thread titles become bolded again.

I'm not sure who the vendor of this forum software is, but you might want to forward this up to them.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13

I haven't tried to reproduce this error in another browser.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    Greetings Admins, I have a bug to report with the forums. I use the "Remember Me" option to keep me logged in from my windows laptop. I also use the "New Posts" link often throughout the day to read up and comment on current threads, without moving through the forum section by section. Normally when I click the "New Posts" link, thread titles that I've already viewed in the returned list are in a normal non-bolded font while threads that have new posts in them that I haven't seen yet are bolded. After clicking "New Posts" several times, all the thread titles become bolded whether they have new posts in them that I haven't yet read or not. The only way I can fix this, and return the thread titles to normal behavior is to delete the "cu2fourm_view" cookie, and then either refresh the page or click "New Posts" again. Then after using the "New Posts" button several more times, all thread titles become bolded again.

I'm not sure who the vendor of this forum software is, but you might want to forward this up to them.

Browser: Mozilla Firefox 3.6.13

I haven't tried to reproduce this error in another browser.
    Thanks...I'll add this to my list.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I've had the same bug for a long time, but use Chrome 10.0.648.204

Ditto, it does the same for me and I use Chrome.

Netscape 7.2 here. Read threads have never greyed for me, but I don't care.

BTW, I always start off with "New Posts".

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Netscape 7.2 here. Read threads have never greyed for me, but I don't care.

BTW, I always start off with "New Posts".
    netscape is still around??:eek::eek:

I use chrome, but don't have this problem. However, I clear my browsing history and cache often (but not cookies). I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    netscape is still around??:eek::eek:
    I use Netscape (Java and Javascript turned off) for general browsing of boards, Amazon purchases, news sites, etc. But I use Firefox 3.6.15 for online banking, and I hardly ever use IE 7.0.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    I use Netscape (Java and Javascript turned off) for general browsing of boards, Amazon purchases, news sites, etc. But I use Firefox 3.6.15 for online banking, and I hardly ever use IE 7.0.
    IE 7? geeze...IE 8 has been around for 2 years...and IE 9 will be out this year (if it's not already)

and you know you can get the addon NoScripts for firefox and firefox doesn't come with java, you have to download it separately