Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Good 'ole DU [Another one leaves the hive] 

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=341x13218

I edited some of the more offensive words.

gaspee (1000+ posts) Fri Aug-29-08 05:01 PM
    Original message
    Good 'ole DU

Have fun ladies. If I spend another minute at DU, I'll end up voting for McCain or some other bats**t reactionary thing.

I left for awhile because I couldn't take the hate toward Clinton.

Now that there's a woman on the Republican ticket, it's open season on women again.

F**k that. F**k DU, f**k the people who call themselves Democrats. F**k them all.

I'm ready to sit out the election but I won't. If I do have to hear supposed democrats spew the crap they're spewing today for the next 60 days... gah -- I just might. I am so f**king disillusioned. It's like the guy that's supposedly your friend but the minute he has one drink, he's all over you. Friend - yeah, right.

The next a**hole who calls her a MILF or says something like how many inches he can give her - I don't know what I'd do. Maybe put some of my mad computer skillz to use but I try not to be evil.

And they really think they're not denigrating all women when they denigrate Palin for being female.

Quote Originally Posted by gaspee
    And they really think they're not denigrating all women when they denigrate Palin for being female.
    The sexism at DU is UNBELIEVABLE. They are absolutely terrified and showing it.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    The sexism at DU is UNBELIEVABLE. They are absolutely terrified and showing it.
    We have a list on another site of some 60 overtly sexist DU threads from Saturday alone. It's out there, it's obvious and it's NASTY.

I did notice yesterday that the Lounge over there had lots of threads concerning the same thing.

Power CUer
    Someone is trying to help these knuckheads and they are giving her a hard time. (I assume it's a her)

http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=389x3890285

Nikki Stone1 Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    One reason to be VERY careful NOT to be SEXIST on DU:A BRILLIANT TRAP MAKES DEMS THE MALE CHAUVINIST

A BRILLIANT TRAP MAKES DEMS THE MALE CHAUVINISTS

By KIRSTEN POWERS

August 30, 2008 --
    (snip)

One Obama supporter and political operative blogged, "In picking an unknown, untested half-a-term governor from Alaska . . . John McCain is following in a long line of reckless men who have rolled the dice for a beauty queen."

Do we really have to do this again? No sooner was Hillary Rodham Clinton out of the race, and a new woman is in the cross hairs. On CNN, during a discussion about whether it was appropriate for Palin to accept this job when she has a baby, Dana Bash pointed out it's unlikely anyone would ask this of a male candidate. I can't help wondering if this is a trap. The McCain camp watched and learned as Obama supporters offended Hillary supporters by their treatment of her. The McCainiacs had to know that this group is incapable of behaving, that Palin would bring out their worst instincts.

One top Republican said to me: "Just wait until she is debating Joe Biden and he starts attacking or condescending to her. Hillary voters are going to say, 'Oh yeah, I remember this.' "

The McCain camp has already made clear it stands at the ready to scoop up these voters. Yesterday, Palin proudly acknowledged her historic selection, the candidacy of Hillary Rodham Clinton and the woman who paved the way for her, Geraldine Ferraro. Ferraro told me she's excited for another woman to be on a presidential ticket. She sees Palin as a risky choice - but also dismissed the idea that she's unqualified. And she rejected the idea that all the so-called "Hillary voters" would be repelled by Palin's staunch anti-abortion views. These voters know the Senate will have a veto-proof Democratic majority, so that lessens the potency of that issue.

Howard Wolfson, Hillary's top strategist, said "it won't help with most Hillary voters, but it could help with some."

"Some" of 18 million people is what the McCain camp is after....
    And look at this response:

progdonkey Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Aug-31-08 11:07 AM
    Response to Original message
    3. well, if the NY Post says so...

:eyes:

The only sexism is coming from the Republicans, who think women are so stupid that they'll either vote for a horribly unqualified woman whose beliefs are the exact opposite of their own solely because she's a women, or not vote for Obama because Joe Biden didn't coddle her in the debates.

Your post is nothing but concern trolling.

Sonnabend
    The McCain camp watched and learned as Obama supporters offended Hillary supporters by their treatment of her. The McCainiacs had to know that this group is incapable of behaving, that Palin would bring out their worst instincts.
    ..and man, did they call that one.

How can Dems "big tent" have "worst instincts"...unless they were..gee I dunno..HYPOCRITES?

One top Republican said to me: "Just wait until she is debating Joe Biden and he starts attacking or condescending to her. Hillary voters are going to say, 'Oh yeah, I remember this.' "
    ..and he'd be right. That's exactly what Biden plans to do.

Why do i get this sinking feeling that Obama and his running mate have just been set up??.

McCain....you are an evil man.

TeH Rove would be PROUD...

These voters know the Senate will have a veto-proof Democratic majority, so that lessens the potency of that issue.
    ..I would not bet on that. The last Congress was not veto proof despite your claims of a "majority"..and it is by no means a given that this one will be, either.
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 08-31-2008 at 11:23 AM.

Power CUer
    The problem for the DUmmie site is that they are starting rumors about Palin's 5th child not being hers, but being her daughter's, totally based on a photograph of the daughter, who has a typical girl's body with a little belly and not an anorexic flat stomach.

There's gotta be a lawsuit in this.

This is kind of funny

BlueJazz Donating Member (1000+ posts)Sun Aug-31-08 11:42 AM
    Response to Original message
    2. I don't even believe Mrs.Palin is a Woman. I'm fairly sure....

...she's really Karl Rove in Drag.
    They are so frightened!!:D
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Quote Originally Posted by Elspeth View Post
    The problem for the DUmmie site is that they are starting rumors about Palin's 5th child not being hers, but being her daughter's, totally based on a photograph of the daughter, who has a typical girl's body with a little belly and not an anorexic flat stomach.

There's gotta be a lawsuit in this.
    The baby rumor threads are multiplying and getting pretty vile. This is interesting. This shows what skinner's grand idea has morphed into. He's tried to keep a cover over it, but the cover has slipped and all the refuse that has been piling up in the corners is visible. The smell is bad too.

He's going to have to quickly try to hide it, but the damage is done. Thankfully people were watching when the slip occurred. The truth is that DU is more about the Micheal Moore, Paul Begala, Tinfoiler, and Sheehan kind of rabid lefties, than it is about reasonable democrats. It always has been. Witness how the reasonable ones are getting pushed aside and drowned out.

But the skinner is trying to make some coin out of this and doing so means that he has to create the illusion that DU can be of some value to the party. Outside of their meager allowances that they say they are donating, DU is going to be more of a pariah, than anything else. It's going to be fun watching if they can put the animals back in their cages.

Quote Originally Posted by Lager View Post
    The baby rumor threads are multiplying and getting pretty vile. This is interesting. This shows what skinner's grand idea has morphed into. He's tried to keep a cover over it, but the cover has slipped and all the refuse that has been piling up in the corners is visible. The smell is bad too.

He's going to have to quickly try to hide it, but the damage is done. Thankfully people were watching when the slip occurred. The truth is that DU is more about the Micheal Moore, Paul Begala, Tinfoiler, and Sheehan kind of rabid lefties, than it is about reasonable democrats. It always has been. Witness how the reasonable ones are getting pushed aside and drowned out.

But the skinner is trying to make some coin out of this and doing so means that he has to create the illusion that DU can be of some value to the party. Outside of their meager allowances that they say they are donating, DU is going to be more of a pariah, than anything else. It's going to be fun watching if they can put the animals back in their cages.
    DU is the DUmping ground for all the twisted, mental, sick freak Commie Libs, the Democrat party pays Skimmer to babysit the Lunatic fringe, so they have a place to vent their mental illnesses, and stay away from writing letters to the editor, and causing real troubles to the more reasonable Dems. much like an asylum, it keeps them from setting off bombs & rioting, like in the 70's..:D
    Separated, I cut myself clean
    From a past that comes back in my darkest of dreams
    Been apprehended by a spiritual force
    And a grace that replaced all the me Ive divorced ~ Jesus Freak - DC Talk