1. #1 Did the Convention open with a Muslim prayer? 
    AgentCarrie Donating Member (18 posts) Sun Aug-31-08 10:14 AM
    Original message
    Did the Convention open with a muslim prayer?

my step mother told me this...is it true?
    Poor Carrie, DU doesn't want to know the truth

Elrond Hubbard Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 10:14 AM
    Response to Original message
    1. Wow. Lol. No.
    Connie_Corleone Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 10:14 AM
    2. Look it up.
    yourguide Donating Member (1000+ posts) t Sun Aug-31-08 10:14 AM
    3. Riiiiiiiiiiight

enjoy your short stay.
    frogcycle (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 10:15 AM
    4. go away
    ocelot Donating Member (1000+ posts) list Sun Aug-31-08 10:15 AM
    5. No.
    vanderRock (32 posts)Sun Aug-31-08 10:16 AM
    6. No
    KalicoKitty (674 posts) Sun Aug-31-08 10:16 AM
    7. Go back with your freepers!
    NickHasHope (19 posts)Sun Aug-31-08 10:18 AM
    8. No. But conservasheep will believe that it did

Damn I hate these sort of rumors..
    eShirl Donating Member (1000+ posts) t Sun Aug-31-08 10:18 AM
    9. your stepmother is lying or delusional... or you are

ncrainbowgrrl DU Moderator Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 10:20 AM
    10. Tell your step mother that it didn't.

That her information is wrong on this one. :hi:
    On Sunday, the DNC held its first “Interfaith Gathering” in which four community members played official roles in this opening event of the convention. Imam Mohammad Mardini of Dearborn, Michigan gave one of the Abrahamic invocations, Fatema Biviji, who is also a National Democratic Delegate, read an English translation of selected verses from the Qur`an, Dr. Ingrid Mattson, President of ISNA, delivered a speech based upon the theme “Our Sacred Responsibility to Our World”, and Imam Abdur-Rahim Ali of Denver recited one of the closing litanies.
    Muslims’ Historic Presence at Democratic Convention

I guess they didn't watch their own convention!!
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Sonnabend
    Elrond Hubbard Donating Member (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Aug-31-08 10:24 AM
    Response to Reply #18
    20. Is that the new e-mail rumor then?

Easily debunked. Hilariously idiotic.
    This from a man with the nickname of a drug addict and pathological liar......

Poor Carrie tries again!
    AgentCarrie Donating Member (19 posts) Sun Aug-31-08 10:58 AM
    Original message
    i am NOT a freeper..at all....I wanted help countering something I heard sheesh!

you guys are WAY too paranoid! I'd like to think I can come here for help when someone tells me something that I think is bullshit.....

Sonnabend
    reekDog Donating Member (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Aug-31-08 11:01 AM
    1. what do you think of that rumor now?
    I think that LL, as usual kicked, your asses across the room :D

(And yea, she doth rock muchly with muffins and hot cocoa :D :D)

OK, this is downright funny

wakemeupwhenitsover DU Moderator Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 10:52 AM
    24. Locking.

Asked and answered: NO!

best,
    wakemeupwhenitsover
    uh, want to rethink that one!!

DO they EVER check anything or do they just believe each other? never mind, we have blinky as a prime example of vacuum mentality.

Sonnabend
    BumRushDaShow (1000+ posts) Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Aug-31-08 10:43 AM
    23. ...
    Take a look at the graphic he used.

In 1896 the Democrats used fraud, violence and intimidation to suppress voting by poor classes, and regained power.
    With support of the Klan and Democrat Governor Walter M. Pierce, endorsed by the Klan, the Compulsory Education Law was passed with a majority of votes. Its primary purpose was to shut down Catholic schools in Oregon, but it also affected other private and military schools. It was challenged in court and struck down by the United States Supreme Court Pierce v. Society of Sisters (1925) before it went into effect
    Franklin Delano Roosevelt, Democrat icon and orchestrator of Japanese Internment
    - Ex-House Minority Leader Dick Gephardt, former affiliate of a St. Louis area racist group
    - Ex-Senate President Pro Tempore Robert Byrd, former Ku Klux Klansman known for making bigoted slurs on national television
    - Rev. Jesse Jackson,Democrat keynote speaker and race hustler known for making anti-Semitic slurs
    - Rev. Al Sharpten, Democrat activist and perennial candidate and race hustler known inciting anti-Semitic violence in New York City
    - Sen. Ernest Hollings, leading Democrat Senator known for use of racial slurs against several minority groups
    - Lee P. Brown, former Clinton cabinet official and Democrat mayor of Houston who won reelection using racial intimidation against Hispanic voters
    - Andrew Cuomo, former Clinton cabinet official and Democrat candidate for NY Governor who made racist statements about a black opponent.
    - Dan Rather, Democrat CBS news anchor and editorialist known for using anti-black racial epithets on a national radio broadcast
    - Donna Brazile,former Gore campaign manager known for making anti-white racial attacks. Brazile has also worked for Jackson, Gephardt, and Michael Dukakis

Nice smackdown, LL. You're the BEST!:D

AgentCarrie Donating Member (23 posts) Sun Aug-31-08 12:02 PM
    Response to Reply #7

I am A RABID bush hating, Kucinich Loving liberal..but I heard this from my stepmother, who is a dem....albeit an uninformed one apparently....lol...an when I went to search, I found nothing of course so I came to all of you for help....

Clearly someone got to her....but thanks for the help...such as it was...lol....I'll send her a happy email debunking the bullshit....
    Where did she search?on DU?
    wakemeupwhenitsover DU Moderator Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 01:18 PM
    25. Locking.

The OP has joined the cast of Six Feet Under.

best,
    wakemeupwhenitsover
    awwwww,poor Carrie.

I wonder how many votes DU has cost the Democratic party? Given there's only around 5,000 active DUmmies it's probably not a material number but it's something to ponder.