1. #1 Juan Williams Offers Simple Solution to Deficit: 'We Just Have to Tax People' 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    In an argument which would make his ex-NPR colleagues proud, Juan Williams took to Fox News Sunday to push for tax hikes to reduce the deficit.

Scolding Brit Hume, an exasperated Williams contended: “You’re going on as if, ‘you know what, we don't know in America how to help our own deficit problems.’ We do. We just have to tax people.”

Moments before, in assessing Republican Congressman Paul Ryan’s expected plan on how to slow budget growth, Williams insisted “tax increases should not be off the table,” chastising Ryan for, during an interview with Chris Wallace earlier on the show, rejecting a tax increase: “I don't know why it is that he somehow suggests the rich in the country have no obligation to support the country.”

Of course, “the rich” already pay far more than their fair share.

In the latest year for which IRS data is available, 2008, “the top 1 percent of tax returns” – those earning over $380,000 -- “paid 38.0 percent of all federal individual income taxes and earned 20.0 percent of adjusted gross income,” the Tax Foundation’s Mark Robyn and Gerald Prante reported late last year. Robyn and Prante also noted: “The top 5 percent,” who made more than $159,000, “earned 34.7 percent of the nation's adjusted gross income, but paid approximately 58.7 percent of federal individual income taxes.”

http://www.mrc.org/biasalert/2011/20110404090349.aspx

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    and Brit responded that Taxing people doesn't work, increasing revenue does...then Juan went off on his rant....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    and Brit responded that Taxing people doesn't work, increasing revenue does...then Juan went off on his rant....
    I wish NPR would take his dumb ass back. O'Reilly kisses his ass every chance he gets which gets to be old.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    I wish NPR would take his dumb ass back. O'Reilly kisses his ass every chance he gets which gets to be old.
    I'm not even a fan of O'Reilly, I just watched Fox News Sunday cuz Paul Ryan was on. His 2012 budget is right on and going to kick the Dems asses

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by lacarnut View Post
    They should have stuck his liberal ass in with Gunga Dan Rather,Bill Press and Sam Donaldson at the old home for Incurable Knee jerks Liberals .These people are all infected with Progressive Guilt plague and will never be cured.

People have to remember that Juan Williams is still a liberal. His comments shouldn't surprise anyone.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.