1. #1 Vacationing Tuesday 
    Clear sky's, but chilly here today. We'll probably get into the lower 60's by this afternoon. A great day to make us feel better about our trip to the Bahamas tomorrow. After 5 and a half years of marriage the wife and I are getting a "honeymoon". Our kid is with Grandma, and we've got a 4 day cruise to the Bahamas, followed by a nice drive up to Michigan.

TOTD: Now I'm pretty sure this has been done before, but it never hurts to relive it. So what has been everyones favorite vacation so far?

Mine would be when I was 11. My father had just returned from a year long tour in Korea, and we were moving from Florida to Japan. Instead of flying straight there we drove. We first went up to Michigan, where we stopped along the way to do some horseback riding in Tennessee, visit the first KFC, and see some amazing waterfalls. While spending time with my Grandparents I got to go see my first MLB game, as the Tigers put a stomping on the Mariners. After we left there we drove west through the Dakota's, where we spent the day at Wall Drug, then went and saw Mt. Rushmore, and Chief Crazy Horse. We then drove down through the Badlands, and eventually ended up in Yellowstone where we spent a couple of days. Our next stop on the epic road trip was the Grand Canyon, Hoover Damn, and then Las Vegas. Finally we drove out to Los Angelas where we caught our plane to Japan which in itself was almost like a 3 year vacation.

But that road trip was an amazing adventure that I hope to one day replicate for my kids.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

It might get into the high 60s here today with more blasted wind. :mad:

TOTD: I'm not really the vacationing type. If I do take time off and go somewhere it just involves doing work somewhere else on behalf of somebody else.

Power CUer
    I'll never get tired of Paris. I've been five times now, and naturally prefer the trips I took as an autonomous adult.

I just returned from Iceland and enjoyed it thoroughly. It's dramatically beautiful, and has a small population so it's very cozy and friendly.

And, Ginger..... they sell yarn in supermarkets there. If that's not the height of civilization, I don't know what is!
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Raining today but the weather is turning warm.

TOTD: Favorite vacation. Tough to narrow one down but it would have to be in 2002 when we, along with my inlaws, and my sister-in-law and her husband to Universal Studios. Bunch of grown ups acting like kids at a theme park. Beautiful weather too. Not too hot by Florida standards. A close 2nd would by my wife and my first Vegas trip.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Thunderstorms in Tupelo yesterday, so today is bright and cooler than it has been. Everything needs to dry out some.

Vacation? That would have to be the time my wife and I chartered a Grand Banks trawler bareboat (no crew) out of Anacortes, Washington. We went all over the San Juan Islands; Victoria, B.C.; idled among the Orca; pulled crabs out of the sound and just ate 'em all down; We were sorry to have to bring 'er back and turn 'er back in.

My Grand Canyon trip via rail...At the suggestion of a counselor after having a stressful couple of years, I took a mini-vacation by myself. I was very hesitant to do so because I thought it would be weird to go alone. But she insisted that I had to get away from the city and work and home, etc.

Not having a whole lot of money to spend, I took a long weekend up north to Williams and the Grand Canyon. It was one of the most relaxing and fun experiences of my life. I was kicking myself when I got back for not having thought of it sooner.
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion

Definitely my trip to the Philippines and Hong Kong a few years ago. It was beautiful, exotic, and just plain neat to be able to meet a head of state, even if it wasn't the head of my state. And the grandeur of it all was overwhelming.