1. #1 Rasmussen: 48 percent of Americans are extremists 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    "Chuck The Shmuck Strikes out Again "

The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that 48% of Likely U.S. Voters say when it comes to the major issues facing the country, their views are closer to the average Tea Party member as opposed to the average member of Congress. Just 22% say their views are closest to those of the average congressman. Even more (30%) arenít sure.

http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...are-extremists

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by megimoo View Post
    [The latest Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that........

Read more at the Washington Examiner: http://washingtonexaminer.com/blogs/...#ixzz1IiNPY5al
    Who the hell answers a landline when "unknown caller"?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I do.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I do.
    It's usually the cops, at least, DPD calls my office from an "unknown number".
    So do some county courts.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    I do.
    Are you bored?

Seriously. i don't even have a landline anymore, but when I am over at my mother's house her phone will ring at least once each visit, and it's almost always Bank Of America trying to sell some insurance scam, some "charity" scam, or other people who are wasting your time.

Caller ID was sent by God. Now if the phone company would allow us to block individual numbers, unknown caller, and private caller then life would be sweet.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    It's usually the cops, at least, DPD calls my office from an "unknown number".
    So do some county courts.
    Really the cops? Or is it some contract fundraiser for some bogus "police" charity?

Caller ID was sent by God.
    I don't know. i had some pretty entertaining times as a youth, before caller ID ruined our fun.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    I don't know. i had some pretty entertaining times as a youth, before caller ID ruined our fun.
    I don't trust "block caller ID" on my phone. I have a sneaking suspicion that when I call a state assemblyman or official that my phone number comes right through even though it doesn't when I call someone normal.

Banned
    In Florda. Out smacking around Useful Idiots
    I don't. I have my landline set to go to voicemail after 4 rings. If I don't recognise the caller or get an unknown name on the caller ID then away it goes to the voice mail. Ergo, I haven't had to deal with a telemarketer in years. :D

People that complain about telemarketers calling at dinner time or any other time simply either don't know how to use modern technology or are trained Pavlovian dogs that simply MUST answer the phone whenever it rings. My mom is one of those.