1. #1 Liquid glass successfully plugs radioactive leak at crippled Fukushima nuclear plant 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Engineers have used liquid glass to stem the highly radioactive water leaking into the sea from a crippled Japanese nuclear power plant in a breakthrough in the battle to contain the worst nuclear crisis since Chernobyl.

However, the facility's operator, the Tokyo Electric Power Company (Tepco), still needs to pump contaminated water into the sea because of a lack of storage space.

A Tepco spokesman said: 'The leaks were slowed yesterday after we injected a mixture of liquid glass and a hardening agent and it has now stopped.'

Engineers had been desperately struggling to plug the leak and had tried using sawdust, newspapers and concrete to stem the flow of the highly-contaminated water.

The liquid glass was injected into the ground beneath the leaking storage pit yesterday and stopped the escape after solidifying the earth.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...plug-leak.html

Yay! :)

Any good news on this situation is welcome.

I'm not eatins sushi for a while, though, because of the threat of radiation. My mom would probably say that the radiation might actually kill all that unhealthy bacteria, though. It bugs her that I eat sushi on occasion.