1. #1 White House says shutdown will delay pay to troops 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    WASHINGTON (AP) -- The Obama administration warned Wednesday that a federal shutdown would undermine the economic recovery, delay pay to U.S. troops fighting in three wars, slow the processing of tax returns and limit small business loans and government-backed mortgages during peak home buying season.

The dire message, delivered two days before the federal government's spending authority expires, appeared aimed at jolting congressional Republicans into a budget compromise. Billions of dollars apart, congressional negotiators were working to strike a deal by Friday to avert a shutdown by setting spending limits through the end of September. The last such shutdown took place 15 years ago and lasted 21 days.

President Barack Obama telephoned House Speaker John Boehner on Wednesday, and Boehner's office said the speaker told Obama he was hopeful a deal could be reached.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/stories...04-07-00-33-47

In typical fashion for this Administration...thyy have no idea what the hell they are talking about...just trying to scare people into supporting their budget which cuts nothing at all.

Two Congressman (Gohmert, R-Texas and Kingston, R-Georgia) have legislation going throught he House right now to ensure we get paid.
    Last edited by txradioguy; 04-07-2011 at 07:06 AM.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    In typical fashion for this Administration...thyy have no idea what the hell they are talking about...just trying to scare people into supporting their budget which cuts nothing at all.

Two Congressman (Gohmert, R-Texas and Kingston, R-Georgia) have legislation going throught he House right now to ensure we get paid.
    They were saying on Fox that the Republicans were intent on passing a separate military budget to be sure our military is paid. Typical Dems to play fast and lose with our servicemen. The dems are really crossing the line.

The Republicans will cause cat and dog food for the seniors is already being spread. They're detestable (the dems, not the seniors).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

I remember something similar happening in the mid-80's. At least the threat. I'm not sure if our pay was delayed for a couple of days, though. I just remember it being a concern.

From my bank in Germany.

Service Credit Union to provide extensive assistance
    to members during government shutdown

]Service Credit Union will credit direct deposit or allotments for military, government service and Social Security members affected by the pending government shutdown. It will also provide a 0% loan rate with 30-day payback and a line of credit up to their direct deposit for all other government paid Service Credit Union members.

For all branches of the military, government service and Social Security members, Service Credit Union will honor their direct deposit or allotment based on the amount received last mid-month in March. For all other government paid workers, the 0% loan and line of credit will also be based on the last direct deposit received during mid-March. These lines of credit would be zeroed out at the end of 30 days so not to harm the memberís financial well being. For those qualifying and wishing to continue their line of credit will be able to do so at the credit unionís usual loan policy.

Members affected by the government shutdown are urged to call Service Credit Unionís 24/7 Live Person Service Contact Center at 1.800.936.7730 (U.S.) or 00800.4728.2000 (International) for more information or visit any of its 35 branches. For branch locations, visit servicecu.org.

Still waiting to see if USAA makes a similar announcement.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

You know what the sad part of all of this is? There wouldn't be all this discussion and speculation about whether I'm gonna get paid or not if Reid and Pelosi had actually submitted an FY 2011 budget.

Instead they chose to try and cover their asses in the mid term elections and hang onto power.
    Last edited by txradioguy; 04-08-2011 at 01:41 AM.

But you can bet your ass that welfare checks will go out.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    But you can bet your ass that welfare checks will go out.
    Yup. Gotta make sure that gathering of Cowboy Poets gets it's money!

Oh and as a bit of a history lesson in all of this...the President can fully fund the Armed services in an emergency situation like what we are facing now under his powers as Commander-in-Chief. Reagan and Clinton both did that during the shut downs in their respective terms in office. Just a little something the media and others won't tell you.