Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Governor Palin Hometown Bouncy 
    http://www.democraticunderground.com...ss=132x6851136

blitzen (1000+ posts)
    Sun Aug-31-08 03:24 PM
    Original message

My wife just talked on the phone to a woman from Palin's town...

My wife's job involves taking phone orders from people around the country. She just happened to speak with a woman from Wasilla. For what it's worth, she said:

Palin is not bright but she's cunning. Her family is dysfunctional. And everyone in town knows the baby is not hers.
    Yeah right....his wife is taking phone orders on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend and just happens to speak with a woman from Sarah Palin's small hometown in Alaska.

The odds against this really happening must be astronomical, but logic isn't the DUmmies strong suit as evidenced by their replies:

JVS Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Sun Aug-31-08 03:28 PM
    Response to Original message

4. HOOOOWAAAHHH!

We're gonna nail them good!
    Jokinomx (1000+ posts)
    Sun Aug-31-08 03:30 PM

9. This is getting TOOOO Good.... My God this is simply

outrageous. In less than 48 hours we know all we need to know about palin and what she stands for....

Thanks for sharing....

Here's my version REAL. My (ex) SIL moved to Wasilla in 1980. I emailed her yesterday to ask her what she thought. She is not real political but I just received this:

Sarah Palin will do a wonderful job as our Vice President, AND I think it was a Billiant decision on McCain's part. Her sister's son goes to preschool with (her grandson), has for two years. (BIL) talked w/her at the airport on couple of occasions. She's very approachable, cleared out city corruption in Wasilla, and went on to make Alaska a stronger state as Gov. She's fresh, smart, and a fast thinker and we'll see that when she debates. Plus, she has more experience than Osama (OH) I mean Obama. She's doing a great job in Alaska and we're proud of her!
    I changed nothing except to remove identifiable names/info. My (ex) BIL works on the North slope and is extremely in support of drilling in ANWR.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

You know that bouncy will end up on Snopes soon enough. :)

Yeah right....his wife is taking phone orders on the Sunday of Labor Day weekend
    Well, you know how it is with Shamwow......"Call in the next 30 seconds".

:D

busymom (928 posts) Sun Aug-31-08 04:41 PM
    18. My friend's dog talked to Palin's dog and the dog said
    she give him all of their leftovers.

For God's sake, people. Get a half of a brain, please.
    blitzen (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 04:51 PM
    Response to Reply #18
    42. whatever....But the fact is that this phone conversation did just take place...
    and I was sitting a few feet away at the time. Just reporting what I heard, not making up bullshit.
    Jeff In Milwaukee (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 04:54 PM
    48. So what we've got here...
    Is an anonymous internet post claiming to have spoken to someone who claims to have spoken with someone who claims to have second-hand knowledge of the facts.

Whew. For a second there I thought we were indulging in gossip and innuendo
    blitzen (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 05:00 PM
    Response to Reply #48
    51. I am a solid DUer of several years standing, not a bullshitter...
    I simply reported ("for what it's worth") an actual phone conversation that I did actually just hear. Make of it what you will, but there is in fact a woman in Wasilla who just told this stuff to my wife.
    niceypoo (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 05:03 PM
    Response to Reply #51
    54. Until now....
    Why don't you hand out tampons with 'Palin for VP' printed on them, or something equally boneheaded. It would help just as much as your solid piece of 'reporting.' I only ask that you do it AWAY from the DU.
    blitzen (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 05:11 PM
    Response to Reply #54
    66. Thanks for policing DU....Next time I see, hear, read, or think
    something that will likely interest many DUers, I'll just resist the urge to post. By the way, I could care less whether Palin gave birth to the kid; if she wants to be his mother, more power to her. But if the rumor is true, she fostered a whopping lie that will bring her and McCain down, and that's why some of us find it interesting.
    niceypoo (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 06:41 PM
    Response to Reply #66
    83. Good
    We will hold you to that...
    Jeff In Milwaukee (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 05:03 PM
    Response to Reply #51
    55. Of course there is....
    niceypoo (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 05:00 PM
    52. Well, that is some solid reporting there...
    ...we will be nominating you for a pulitzer prize next year.
    antfarm (1000+ posts) Sun Aug-31-08 05:06 PM
    61. Gee thanks, Woodward. nt
    Damn, that's some funny shit. :D
    When I heard Palin was who McCain picked I figured there would be some fun at the DUmp, but never expected it to get this good. I'm glad to see that not all DUmmies are dummies.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Here's my version REAL. My (ex) SIL moved to Wasilla in 1980. I emailed her yesterday to ask her what she thought. She is not real political but I just received this:

I changed nothing except to remove identifiable names/info. My (ex) BIL works on the North slope and is extremely in support of drilling in ANWR.

You didn't ask her about the baby? :eek: :D

If I show up on Snopes, I'm coming after you guys!:D

I think the baby story is so ludicrous; I wouldn't even give it credence.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

The only reason that they are making a big deal of this is that the suspect that it would be a big scandal if the 16 year old daughter got pregnant without being married. They don't even realize that conservatives are smart enough to know that covering it up in the manner that they are suggesting would be a scandal and a pregnant minor is a non issue in this day and age... except in the lib mind where it concerns conservative. Do they really think that a daughter getting pregnant out of wed-lock is that big of a deal even by conservative and fundamentalist Christian standards? Once again the left shows how truly they misunderstand both conservatives and Christians. Christians forgive and neither holds the sins of the children against the parents.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by ArmyRet View Post
    Damn, that's some funny shit. :D
    When I heard Palin was who McCain picked I figured there would be some fun at the DUmp, but never expected it to get this good.
    Agreed and it just keeps coming:

DCBob (311 posts)
    Sun Aug-31-08 03:46 PM
    31. Why isn't the National Enquirer all over this? Like they were with John Edwards.
    Just guessing, but maybe because it's a rumor started at the DUmp yesterday that not even the tabloids would believe.

And then the political science wannabe chimes in:

MindMatter Donating Member (1000+ posts)
    Sun Aug-31-08 04:38 PM
    Response to Reply #10
    70. Obama/Biden won't touch it. The MSM will not pursue it.

But that leaves the other 98% of the media, which will look at it.

The way it plays out is this:

1) the initial reaction from women was negative -- they are LESS likely to support McCain. If this story is true, not only is she a golddigger, but she is a clear liar. This will prevent most women from warning up to her.

2) The initial reaction from Men was favorable -- MORE likely to vote for McCain. The reason is pretty obvious. She is hot, and if that old dag can figure out how to have a multi0millionaire keep him and a hottie at his side every day, well, that guy gets my vote. But when men find out she was lying about this baby, well that's just creepy. Most men will lose their enthusiasm for her because we have all met hot-looking women who are nuts, and that are big trouble. Men have instincts for this.

3) The one place she helps is the fundie vote. But if this story is true, a few of them will be troubled by that. Truth is, most of them live their lives with moral dissonance like this. The truth is rarely the same as the holier-than-thou aura. So who knows, they might close ranks around her.

But when this comes out into the open, McCain will have to disown her because there comes a time when the MSM would have to start asking questions.

It is OK for the National Enquirer to lead the way. After all, its readership is right in the middle of McCain's wheelhouse.

I imagine there are some very intense discussions going on this very minute at McCain Central. By now, they have probably confronted her and learned it is true. They are now looking at their options, all of which suck.

A) Throw her under the bus today and announce Romney as VP at the convention
    B) See if the story will just go away. Try to ignore it.
    C) Decide they are going all the way with Palin, which means they will have to get ultra dirty with Obama to take attention away from Palin.
    And another one with some sense:

Ragazz68 (1000+ posts)
    Sun Aug-31-08 04:15 PM
    67. I also heard.........She was a Muslim who shot herself in the leg in order to get a Purple Heart !!

DCBob (311 posts)
    Sun Aug-31-08 03:46 PM
    31. Why isn't the National Enquirer all over this? Like they were with John Edwards.
    Because it's was a lot more rewarding for the Enquirer to trash a rich elitist who made his money on the back of junk science and claiming how he understood the plight of the common man while buiding a 10,000 square foot home and feuding with his common man neighbors.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis