Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36444546
    Much like the best team in baseball before them, the Brew Crew somehow managed to beat themselves.

Overall, congrats on having the second best record in the NL and better luck next year.

Looks like no one is going to watch this year. Fox better hope this thing goes 7 to garner interest.
    Whether it goes four games or seven, this is probably going to seem like a long World Series to Fox which has to broadcast the goldang thing.

Texas Rangers vs. St. Louis Cardinals. Not exactly a matchup that sets your heart aflutter. Even if youíre a baseball fan. Apparently itís not even as exciting as the Rangers vs. the San Francisco Giants which was last yearís faceoff.

According to preliminary figures from Nielsen, last nightís first game of the Series drew 12.9 million viewers. Thatís down 14% from game #1 last year. And itís a far cry from the opener between the Phillies and the Yankees in 2010 which was watched by 19.5 million viewers.

What this essentially means is that for the however long the Series takes, Fox will be preempting its new series like X-Factor and New Girl at a time when these shows are just building loyalty. Out of sight, out of mind. All for a sporting event that is drawing an audience about the same size as the one for Criminal Minds.
    Link

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Baseball's problem is their TV audience, the ONLY time they have huge numbers is when Boston or NY is in the WS
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry