Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 NBC poll surprise: Donald Trump tied for second in GOP field 
    NBC poll surprise: Donald Trump tied for second in GOP field

By JUANA SUMMERS | 4/6/11 5:53 PM EDT Updated: 4/7/11 8:19 AM EDT

Make way for The Donald.

Donald Trump is a force to be reckoned with on the national political stage, according to a new poll on Wednesday night.

The NBC/Wall Street Journal poll shows Trump tied for second place with Mike Huckabee, both at 17 percent, and leading the GOP pack among Tea Party supporters.

Mitt Romney is the frontrunner with the support of 21 percent of Republican primary voters.

Newt Gingrich and Sarah Palin trail, with 11 percent and 10 percent support respectively.

Tim Pawlenty, Michele Bachmann, Rick Santorum and Haley Barbour all received single-digit backing among Republicans.

The poll found Trump on top of all his potential rivals among Tea Party followers.

Trump takes 20 percent of the Tea Party vote, followed by Romney with 17 percent, and Huckabee with 14 percent, the poll found.
    Read more: http://www.politico.com/news/stories...#ixzz1Iqi1c5Lo

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Power CUer
    That could be an indicator of the strength of the overall Republican field - in which case, get ready for a second Obama term. :(
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    or just name recognition at this point. we have a year before the campaign really gets going.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    or just name recognition at this point. we have a year before the campaign really gets going.
    I think it is closer than that. Iowa will heat up by this fall.

Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I think it is closer than that. Iowa will heat up by this fall.
    yeah, once the first debates start, we'll see a huge swing in support away from Teh Donald and Huckafail

yeah, once the first debates start, we'll see a huge swing in support away from Teh Donald and Huckafail
    I am not taking Trump seriously. I think it is schtick.

The question about Huck, for me, is will he even enter the race? He has a good gig at Fox and Bachmann may be sucking up all the Iowa Evangelical oxygen while we are talking. And that is his launchpad if he were to make a serious run.

I'm still waiting to see if the big guns like Huntsman, Daniels, or Bush enter the contest. Until then, this is Romney's to lose.

If Barber is in, I don't see Daniels getting in. and the tide has turned against him.

I don't see Jeb getting into it, too much anti-Bush crap out there. I don't think people would go for 16+ years of Bush's in the White House.

Not sure about Huntsman. and I really don't see Romney getting the nod, too much baggage, his chance was 4 years ago and he screwed the pooch

If Barber is in, I don't see Daniels getting in. and the tide has turned against him.

I don't see Jeb getting into it, too much anti-Bush crap out there. I don't think people would go for 16+ years of Bush's in the White House.

Not sure about Huntsman. and I really don't see Romney getting the nod, too much baggage, his chance was 4 years ago and he screwed the pooch
    Romney follows the pattern (Reagan ~ '76, Dole ~ '88, McCain ~ '00) but the tea party wing of the Republican Party will give him a hard time. It may be that they break the cycle and we get someone else but right now, I think Romney takes it.

Romney? Why not just get it over with and accept total submission to the god of government as the libertards wish? Why slide into totalitarianism with RINOS when we can elect DIMoRATS again and get there quicker?
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand