Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Madisonian View Post
    Well technically I do but there is that pesky Secret Service thingy...
    ;) :D
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    I probably should have specified Texas.
    Same deal in LA. A former Governor that rides got it pushed thru.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Um, huh? Many, if not most, states have laws that require a helmet when riding a motorcycle and some even have them for bicyclist helmets.
    LOL. In Florida you don't have to wear a motorcycle helmet but the kids have to wear bicycle helmets. I was a rebel and only made Tristan wear his when he rode his bike to school to avoid CPS showing up at my door.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I was a rebel and only made Tristan wear his when he rode his bike to school to avoid CPS showing up at my door.
    That's the problem with Florida. Very few homes have basements where you can entertain unwanted guests. You could have built a garden shed, but then you would have needed to be willing to work nights and buy a wheelbarrow. The helmet was probably an easier route. :)
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    Um, huh? Many, if not most, states have laws that require a helmet when riding a motorcycle and some even have them for bicyclist helmets.
    Not in Florida. There's no law requiring it, so naturally the bikers ride free----til they go to the hospital.

Oops, just noticed that Shannon already said that Florida doesn't require helmets.

Florida also doesn't require county inspections on homes. (or maybe it's just Sarasota county). All I know is the home we bought here would have been cited for many problems if there was a legitimate inspection other than by a home inspector in bed (probably literally) with the real estate agent.

There's also no state inspection of cars, no emission requirements. I'm not for a nanny state, but it's scary here with all the junkers on the roads. It's also scary with the people who are practically blind and probably 110 years old still driving. I'd never ride a bike along the road here. You'd be a target for the seniors.
    Last edited by SaintLouieWoman; 04-08-2011 at 07:09 PM.
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

GO CARDS

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Not in Florida. There's no law requiring it, so naturally the bikers ride free----til they go to the hospital.

Oops, just noticed that Shannon already said that Florida doesn't require helmets.

Florida also doesn't require county inspections on homes. (or maybe it's just Sarasota county). All I know is the home we bought here would have been cited for many problems if there was a legitimate inspection other than by a home inspector in bed (probably literally) with the real estate agent.

There's also no state inspection of cars, no emission requirements. I'm not for a nanny state, but it's scary here with all the junkers on the roads. It's also scary with the people who are practically blind and probably 110 years old still driving. I'd never ride a bike along the road here. You'd be a target for the seniors.
    Last I knew NH didn't either, but I've not lived there for well over 10 years. I think people should be allowed to risk their lives as the choose. More power to FL if they have resisted the evil empire. (sorry SR :D)