Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I guess they were taking the red state thing a bit literally :)
    Adopting a habit of St. Louis Cardinals fans at Busch Stadium, the campaign is encouraging people attending to wear red to show their commitment to keeping Missouri a so-called red or Republican state in the Nov. 4 election.
    Works for me!
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

you know - we should all wear red on election day :)
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Did you wear red? I saw that people were asked to.
    I wore my LL Bean capris that are "flag blue" and a red shirt, with greyhounds outlined on the front of the shirt.

The heat was overwhelming. It was up to probably the mid 90's. I was so thankful that we were able to get into the VIP seating, which was covered. Part of the time, when McCain, Mitt Romney and Sarah Palin were on the stage, we sat in the 2nd row of the box, which was very sunny.

I just woke up a while ago. I think I had heat-stroke or something. My face got puffy and red. My daughter in law is a nurse and started getting concerned. I was worried about her, as their baby is due in December.

The place was full of vets. We were sitting next to some World War II vets. Most of them had on their American Legion hats.

IF it weren't so hot, it would have been perfect. There were some very, very good people there, made me proud to be American.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I guess they were taking the red state thing a bit literally :)
    Many of the people had on their STL Cardinals red----lots of Cards hats and shirts. Convenient that the Cards color is red. You should see the ballgames in Busch Stadium. :D

Gateway Pundit and Bob McCarty have more

Looks wonderful.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

commies and bloods wear red, AND SO DO BUCANEER FANS!!!!!!!!!!!

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I'll upload more pics later but the one thing that was very annoying at the rally was the fact that they wouldn't let anyone OUT of the ballpark till the McCain's were on the road.

This seemed a little stupid to us, you had around 20 thousand people and they had every friggen gate locked! The event staff told us they had a gate open on the other side of the ball field but that proved to be BS. It was in the 90's (even though the dumbass news report only 80's) and you had a lot of pissed off people waiting in the sun.

One good thing was they did allow you to bring water and soda and food into the event which I was surprised at. The ballpark website said food and drinks (even water) were NOT allowed.
    May the FORCE be with you!

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    I want a ConservativeUnderground t-shirt.
    You don't deserve a CU shirt . Get one from your Butt Buddies at NU or DUmp !

Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Gateway Pundit and Bob McCarty have more

Looks wonderful.
    Thanks, LL. I've been seeing estimates that are all over the place as to the #'s attending. The one blogger said 17k. The folks estimating those coming through the security screen said almost 23k.

Our local NBC affiliate (boooo) said 15k---then corrected it later to 20k. I'm sure the number was higher. What the videos don't show is the large number of seats behind the speakers. The place was swarming with people, who all behaved respectfully.

There were 2 Obama supporters behind us (SR noticed them, I didn't). Nobody bothered them.

And people definitely were supporting McCain and Palin. I've seen political rallies for a long time in this area and this was one of the most enthusiastic. I think McCain and Palin are going to make this a real horserace. :)

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Here's one of the Secret Service guys, I didn't envy them in their dark suits!

Here's McCains's bus coming into the ballpark.

And here's the new POTUS right after getting off the bus.

May the FORCE be with you!