1. #1 Should McCain Do His Acceptance Speech From New Orleans? 
    Beaten Last Dead Horse
    I just got this thought that perhaps it might be a good idea for John McCain to do his acceptance speech from either New Orleans or wherever the hurricane damage is most severe, instead of at the RNC. It could be a serious speech with no hooting and hollering, with the hurricane damage as a backdrop, and a small, but sizeable crowd. The feed from McCain's acceptance speech could be piped into the RNC live. Naturally, high security should be used to weed out potential disruptors during the speech.

The Dummycraps will accuse McCain of exploiting the situation, no matter what he does, of course. But does anyone think this is a good idea? Does anyone here have any other ideas?

No. ...............

why would he want to do his speech from a stink hole like NOLA? he should do it from the floor of the senate and point out that the dems would not let energy independence come to a vote and instead went on vacation.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Goldwater
    It would look like (and would be) exploitation.

Banned
    Bad idea--no, no,no

Beaten Last Dead Horse
    OK, I got the message. Bad Idea. :(

Does anyone else besides PoliCon have any ideas for McCain's acceptance speech? This hurricane is going to prevent McCain from countering Obamessiah's lies and hypocrisy last week. And the thought of Commander-in-chief B. Hussein Al-Obama scares the crap out of me.

wait to make his speech after nobama's. take the moral high ground.

I REALLY hope that McCain does the right thing here, and holds off to have the speeches and celebrations later. But they can't skip those speeches and celebrations altogether... they are very much needed to counter the show Obama put on last week. I'm afraid that if the Republicans have no convention this year, they'll never really get off the ground campaigning, never get a post-convention bounce, never have the rousing speeches and support that fire up the voters, and explain their positions and those of the party at length, through multiple voices and presenters.

The Republicans cannot afford to give Obama that kind of an advantage, it's too important not to counter his convention with one of our own. It just needs to be at the right time.
    The problem in the next four years will be not just that the president of the United States serially does not tell the truth. Instead, the real crisis in our brave new relativist world will be that those who demonstrate that he is untruthful will themselves be accused of lying. - Victor Davis Hanson

nah, Nobamas bump was maybe 8%. Let the hurricane run its course. Then be there seconds after that Marxist opens his mouth. This time the agencies and Bobby Jindal got it covered.