Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Have you ever done an actual written budget? Written down on paper where every dollar goes? This is an interesting exercise and we do it every once in awhile even though money is absolutely no issue for us these days. It's good discipline.
    Starting on the first of the month, write down everything you spend, where it all goes. Every cup of coffee, every trip to the dry cleaner. By the end of the month you may be surprised to see where it all went, and you'll have an authoritative list of expenditures. You can then use that list to see where you can cut and where you can reallocate.
    I do that from time to time. The first time I did it, years ago, I was stunned at how much money I spent on stupid shit that I didn't need. Now, if I just quit smoking I would be a millionaire.:p
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

Foggy, rainy, dreary here.

TOTD:

I like save da money like this guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rkB9OT2XVvA
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I do that from time to time. The first time I did it, years ago, I was stunned at how much money I spent on stupid shit that I didn't need. Now, if I just quit smoking I would be a millionaire.:p
    Plus, you would get to enjoy the money!:)

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    TruckerMe is right, about the alive to enjoy the money. It took a stroke for SR to quit smoking. He was too young to have that happen to him. He hasn't smoked since Feb 18th, the day of the stroke.

As far as finances, it's good that we don't owe on the house or cars. It makes a big difference in surviving what happened. His company didn't keep the job open for his return, as the docs aren't sure at all about any dates. So no paychecks to count on. I've cut back on totally extraneous spending, just down to the basics. And we're getting along just fine. I have to admit it was more fun when I could just splurge on something (my splurges were never extravagent).
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    I have to admit it was more fun when I could just splurge on something (my splurges were never extravagent).
    I miss my little splurges, but I just rec'd another stack of medical bills in the mail. Even with great insurance, it stlll adds up. I'm anxious to go back to work. I like direct deposit.

Usually by this time of year, I have my vacation weeks picked and 2 or 3 round trip tickets bought...that might not happen this year.

But with my mom having three trips to the ER in six months, I need to stick close by. Last Friday had me scared, it's really bad when a doctor's office has to call 911....she's doing better now. I was not ready to lose her.