Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Bouncy: 17 year-old Bristol Palin IS* pregnant 
    Power CUer
    This post depends on what the meaning of IS is. :)

http://www.democraticunderground.com...esg_id=6855565

npincus
    Sun Aug-31-08 09:39 PM
    Original message

17 year-old Bristol Palin IS* pregnant ... did McCain know this? Is Bristol married?

Edited on Sun Aug-31-08 10:13 PM by npincus

A Palin neighbor, calls herself "Sue Williams" comments on the blog linked below confirms Palin's kid IS pregnant, and the photos DON'T lie. You see a front view of her in the just-taken People magazine cover, and a side-view taken of Bristol at the same shoot.

One MUST wonder, did McCain even know everyone's favorite hockey mom had an underage pregnant kid? What will the Fundie base say? Will our national media look the other way, a courtesy they have not given to Democratic candidates?

added on edit: *"IS"- based on circumstntial evidence and a pinch of hearsay, not to mention my own two eyes.
    The thread is a complete lie masquerading as a certainty.

Notice the anatomy of the Palin smear:

The rumor of Palin's surprise pick started early Friday morning. I saw it here on Conservative Underground. Political types in the know probably had information before that. So, my guess is that in the wee hours of Friday morning, paid DNC operatives started this smear by anonymous posting on reddick.com and, as soon as Palin was announced, began bombarding DU (and other "progressive" sites) with the smear.

Suddenly, there are dozens of threads on the smear, and people will react.

Skinner and Company allow the smears to go on and the moderators are not allowed to shut any of the Palin spam down. The smear continues all weekend, and will probably continue at full blast through the week since the GOP convention is this week.

The job of a smear is not to convince people of its truth but just to sow doubt in people's minds. The repetition of the smear, over and over again, gives it a truth value to the unaware. People will also repeat the smear as gossip--it's a human thing to gossip--and suddenly Sarah Palin has a cloud over her that is totally fabricated from thin air.

The Democratic Underground site is now a conduit for DNC smears and memes. It is not worth going to. That is why the more thoughtful people who challenged the smears were banned: the whole point of DU is to provide a host for smear tactics. You can't have reasonable people questioning things. That's why we all got called "racist" and other such names.

Quote Originally Posted by LL
    They have some pretty big rumors going on at DU about Palin and her family. I'm sure they'll be calling them in to radio - true or not.
    I posted this Friday. I had seen the nonsense but didn't want to give it any credence.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Its so refreshing to see the libs scratching again at the coffin lid of progressionism.

Power CUer
    The smear is out there and the mainstream media (starting with the Times of London) is picking it up. This is a professional job by a PR firm. It's orchestrated and timed.

Just for fun, I searched "Anchorage Daily News Palin Trig Texas mono":

Here are the results:

http://search.yahoo.com/search;_ylt=...t-501&ei=UTF-8

The entire first page is links dated 8/31/08. Check them if you like. The later pages are hodge podge of Palin stories--some the smear, some about her family. The one thing the Palin/daughter/baby links have in common is that they were ALL done this weekend.

We are looking at a deliberate smear, created this weekend on the internet. The smear has two parts: one is the idea that Palin may not be the mother of her own son, that her daughter may be the mother. But, if someone points out that a Down syndrome child is far more likely to be born to a woman in her 40s than to a teen, another smear co-exists, and that is that Palin endangered her baby by being in Texas when she started to get contractions (and some fluid). (The fact that she was on her 5th pregancy, knew real labor from false, and was in touch with her doctor the whole time is not important.)

As you notice, it doesn't matter what part of the smear you believe--or even don't believe--the smear creates the idea that there is something there.

This is a paid Public Relations hit.

It is not the fault of the rank and file Democrats, and those at Democratic Underground are largely pawns. Make no mistake, this is a professional hit job on Palin. The GOP will know this and get their professional hit people back on the job.

Power CUer
    Are you saying Bristol Palin is not pregnant? Because her mother sure thinks she is.

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Are you saying Bristol Palin is not pregnant? Because her mother sure thinks she is.
    Damn! I bet myself that CW would be the first. I owe myself a new pair of shoes.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

It looks like Elspeth got this right. Surely appears to be a professional job, putting the information out in the blogosphere, forcing Sarah to confront it now.

Du was sating she was pregnant by her father.

Eyelids
    Hahahahahahaha

Fox News reported this moring around 11:00am that Palin comfirmed the daughter was pregnant and would be marrying her boyfriend as some point in the future. McCain knew before announcing her as his VP choice. No link because I heard this while watching Gustav coverage.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis