Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    If McCain really knew this, I think they should have made it clear when she was announced before it all started to look like a scandal.

Or did Rove arrange it that way to make KOS and DU look stupider than usual?
    So, as part of the announcement, they should have included a "by the way, my daughter got knocked up...let's go win Iowa!!"?

No, but holding a baby in front of her pregnant belly was pretty sneaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Doesnt change the fact that you guys have got to be wondering what the fuck you've gotten yourselves into.
    Inside Eyelids' head, his braincells worked desperately to try to keep the Bristol pregnancy issue a scathing scandal against conservatives.

"The neurons just can't take it, captain," the chief engineer braincell bellowed in his heavy Scottish brogue. "They're going to fall apart!"

"Damn the torpedos!" exclaimed the lead braincell. "Full speed ahead!"
    OPEACHMENT NOW!!!

Stinger:
    "I was... ordered to drop my pants, bend over and spread my cheeks."
    --RagingInMiami achieving the DUmp's highest level of nirvana

No, but holding a baby in front of her pregnant belly was pretty sneaky.
    Why? Was it our business to know that at that precise moment? Should we know when Chelsey first went on birth control?

If they find out the sex of the baby, do we have the right to know? If her daughter was only 1 month pregnant, should Sara have to tell us before the election about it?

Watch the polls.

From John Hindraker:
    First of all, I'm a big fan of Sarah Palin. Scott and I have an article in tomorrow's Christian Science Monitor that evaluates John McCain's selection of Palin very positively; we wrote the column yesterday. Nevertheless, I think that the revelation today of Bristol Palin's pregnancy made McCain and Palin look silly.

Circumstantially, one would infer that McCain and Palin did not know about Bristol's pregnancy when the Veep selection was made and Palin and her family were introduced to the public. I'm sure that revelation of the pregnancy was not part of a master plan to divert attention from the Republican convention. But McCain says that he found about the pregnancy during the vetting process, and we have no reason not to take him at this word.

Assuming that Palin and McCain really did know about the pregnancy and didn't mention it until now, I think it was a serious mistake. The time to bring it up was when Palin and her family were first introduced. Bristol was there, and it wouldn't have been difficult to refer to her fiance, say that she is getting married in October or whatever, and that she will have a baby next winter. Sarah Palin could have added that this wasn't how she and her husband planned it, but they like their new son-in-law and are totally supportive of their daughter.

Handled that way, it would have been a non-story. By keeping it secret (assuming they really did know), they made it a time bomb that could only go off at an inopportune time. Like the first day of the convention.

But, as I said earlier, it's today's story. Tomorrow is another day and will bring its own news. Hopefully this will turn out to be a minor bump in the road.
    I pretty much concur

This wouldn't be news if it was a DUmmycRAT leaving an abortion clinic.
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Was there any acknowledgement that DU was compeltely wrong on the whole "Sarah palin is trig's grandmother" thing?

Or did they just pretend they were right because the daughter is now pregnant?

Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    So, you're really a monster.;)
    Fundie baby, fundie!

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

If McCain really knew this, I think they should have made it clear when she was announced before it all started to look like a scandal.

Or did Rove arrange it that way to make KOS and DU look stupider than usual?
    Sounds like a Rovian plot to me /DU

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

I would say Sarah can now act like a barracuda when anyone says anything about her children now...;)
    Say what ya mean and get to the point quick....I don't have the attention span to listen to bullshit...