Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 What do you think about this? 
    Kids up to no good, and one of them is dead. I must admit that I smirk when punks get their come-upins like this..... Not that it is justified or right, but I am not crying about it either. You?

And when minors are walking the streets at 3am throwing eggs at cars, maybe its time to throw their parents in prison.
    COLUMBUS, Ohio Police on Sunday were still searching for the person who shot and killed a teenager over a prank involving eggs.

According to investigators, Garrett Burton and some friends were throwing eggs at passing cars near Hilliard-Rome Road when someone approached the group and shot Burton in the head, killing him, 10TV's Glenn McEntyre reported.

The shooting happened Saturday morning at about 3 a.m.
    http://www.onntv.com/live/content/lo...g.html?sid=102
    **** Obama and **** you too.

where to go with this joke. Got break a few eggs to make an omelette. or Srambled perfect.

Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    What do you think about this?
    The punishment certainly doesn't fit the crime. The triggerman is going to do some serious time.

Aside from that...were you never involved in any mischief in your youth?

Eyelids
    Kick his ass or chase him down... but I mean dont shoot the kid in the head.

Some years ago, we had groups of highschool teenagers terrorizing an older man who lived out in the country. It went on for years.. they would drive past his house at night blowing the horn at all hours of night, throwing stuff, etc. They called the man "the troll". I guess terrorizing this man was a rite of passage, or something, with this school district.

One night the man finally had enough. He took his shotgun, and shot out into the dark to scare them. It scared them, alright... plus it killed one of the teens.

A local pitbull attorney took his case for free. He got the man off. I agreed with the verdict.

An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    Kick his ass or chase him down... but I mean dont shoot the kid in the head.
    I am Impressed,That's the first intelligent thing you have ever uttered,AssWipe !

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Somebody shot a kid for throwing eggs? That's fucked up.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III

There have a couple of fairly recent cases in which teens have harassed old people/loners/eccentrics and met a final end after months or years of this behavior.

While egg-throwing doesn't merit the death penalty, it's important to understand that the people teens usually pick on are people who don't have a lot of community resources in terms of support or protection. They are often elderly or mentally "different" and they often feel much more vulnerable than some 35 year old guy with a wife and kids.

Police usually can't get involved very much since the kids are long gone by the time they show up and minor property damage isn't a high priority for them.

Parents would be doing their kids a favor by pointing out that harassing weird people is not only wrong but potentially life-changing. For the kid, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    There have a couple of fairly recent cases in which teens have harassed old people/loners/eccentrics and met a final end after months or years of this behavior.

While egg-throwing doesn't merit the death penalty, it's important to understand that the people teens usually pick on are people who don't have a lot of community resources in terms of support or protection. They are often elderly or mentally "different" and they often feel much more vulnerable than some 35 year old guy with a wife and kids.

Police usually can't get involved very much since the kids are long gone by the time they show up and minor property damage isn't a high priority for them.

Parents would be doing their kids a favor by pointing out that harassing weird people is not only wrong but potentially life-changing. For the kid, that is.
    About 12 years ago here in town it started off with kids throwing eggs and small rocks off overpasses and eventually escalated to someone dropping a cinder block off an overpass killing some one. Shooting someone in the head is a bit much but stuff like this should be dealt with very harshly by the judical system. The shooter should get some serious prison time but those kids who were tossing eggs should spend a good deal of time looking out through jail doors themselves.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    I remember going egging on Halloween a couple times as a teen. It didn't lead to throwing rocks or anything else. I think some of y'all are being a little too harsh.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III