Thread: What do you think about this?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlMBA View Post
    Kids up to no good, and one of them is dead. I must admit that I smirk when punks get their come-upins like this..... Not that it is justified or right, but I am not crying about it either. You?

And when minors are walking the streets at 3am throwing eggs at cars, maybe its time to throw their parents in prison.

http://www.onntv.com/live/content/lo...g.html?sid=102
    I'm not crying about it either. I'm not advocating vigilante squads for vandals but if he had been home in bed or using his Playstation or something else instead of damaging someone elses property he would be alive today.
    2009 CU Pro Football Pick'em Champ

I grew up in a high rise building. My parents should have bough stock in a poultry farm, I threw so many eggs.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Gravy View Post
    I'm not crying about it either. I'm not advocating vigilante squads for vandals but if he had been home in bed or using his Playstation or something else instead of damaging someone elses property he would be alive today.
    We used to pretend to throw basketballs and things like that at cars as they drove by when I was real young.... but would drop them at the last second. Most people didnt budge, but it freaked some out. Then one time my friend goofed and didnt let the ball slip back out of his hand accidentally, and it hit the windsheild of a car going about 30, and flew like an entire block.... we ran and hid and got so freaked out we never did it again:P

My oldest son and a couple of his friends used to sneak out at night and stand 1/2 block from my house, throwing eggs at cars. I wasn't aware of this because I was usually asleep at 3 AM, and because the friends brought eggs from their own houses so I wouldn't catch them.

One night, I heard a car engine revving, brakes squealing and doors slamming...so went flying down the stairs and out the back door in time to see my kid and his friends come charging up the alley into the yard. It seems one of the cars they hit was driven by someone bent on catching them...though they managed to get away.

To my knowledge, this never happened again, because I grounded my kid for several weeks and made him do quite a few extra chores...and didn't let the friends come back for a long, long time, either.

To have my kid shot in the head over this prank would have been entirely out of proportion to any damage done. To have put me in jail for it, ditto. By the time the city and/or county paid for my room&board, and my kid's room&board, and put my other kids up somewhere, it would have cost far more than damage done.

Having my kid spend the next 6 weeks washing cars would have been completely appropriate, and I would have absolutely supported that.

To me, the funniest part of this whole thing was the change in my kid's attitude the first time HIS precious red Mustang was egged. He was furious! :D (I'm afraid I laughed at him...which didn't help. :D)
    -
    -
    -

In actual dollars, President Obama’s $4.4 trillion in deficit spending in just three years is 37 percent higher than the previous record of $3.2 trillion (held by President George W. Bush) in deficit spending for an entire presidency. It’s no small feat to demolish an 8-year record in just 3 years.

Under Obama’s own projections, interest payments on the debt are on course to triple from 2010 (his first budgetary year) to 2018, climbing from $196 billion to $685 billion annually.

Banned
    While the punishment was over the top, actions have consequences. Sometimes dire ones. Pranks backfire at times and you have to be ready to pay the price and sometimes the price winds up being way too high.

Eyelids
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaGator View Post
    About 12 years ago here in town it started off with kids throwing eggs and small rocks off overpasses and eventually escalated to someone dropping a cinder block off an overpass killing some one. Shooting someone in the head is a bit much but stuff like this should be dealt with very harshly by the judical system. The shooter should get some serious prison time but those kids who were tossing eggs should spend a good deal of time looking out through jail doors themselves.
    I wonder if anybody here was ever young.

I don't advocate shooting a kid for throwing eggs. On the other side, it ought to be impressed on kids that a simple egg can have serious consequences.

I worked a motor vehicle accident - or crash as they call them today - involving egg throwing. A woman was driving home from somewhere and had a child in the back, about 3 yrs old. An egg hit the windshield, scaring and distracting her, and obstructing her view. She hit her brakes and was rear ended by a car behind her.

In any case, the child suffered permanent brain damage. This was in the days before infant carriers.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

Quote Originally Posted by Eyelids View Post
    I wonder if anybody here was ever young.
    47 has as way of forgetting what 12 was like.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Probably just a good old fashioned monkey stomping would have been enough. ;)

Family members said Burton, who was a junior at Westland High School, was a sweet-natured boy who stayed out of trouble, McEntyre reported.

"He was a good boy, growing up to be a good man," said Patti Burton.
    What's the "sweet natured boy" who "stays out of trouble" and "growing up to be a good man" doing out running the streets at 3 a.m.?

Where you at parents??
    At least once every human should have to run for his life, to teach him that milk does not come from supermarkets, that safety does not come from policemen, that news is not something that happens to other people. ~ Robert Heinlein

You Say The Battle Is Over

Quote Originally Posted by M21 View Post
    Probably just a good old fashioned monkey stomping would have been enough. ;)

What's the "sweet natured boy" who "stays out of trouble" and "growing up to be a good man" doing out running the streets at 3 a.m.?

Where you at parents??
    Not involved in their kids lives, that is for sure. Hence the complete and utter breakdown of our Public Schools. Studies have shown (obviously) the less involved parents are in the lives of their kids, the less successful the kids will be. Any inner city school proves that.
    **** Obama and **** you too.