Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 United Way pays LOCAL executive $1.2 Million last year 
    More proof the United Way is a scam.

Yea, they fired her, but only because of the outcry. $1.2 Million for a freakin' North Carolina manager? Thats Affirmative Action for you!
    United Way of Central Carolinas board of directors voted to fire CEO Gloria Pace King this week after 14 years with the Charlotte organization. The dismissal would be effective Sept. 30. This decision came amid public outcry over King's salary and benefits package, which was worth more than $1.2 million last year.
    http://www.gastongazette.com/news/wa...ed_vaughn.html
    **** Obama and **** you too.

I recently became disabled and called the U.N.(pun intended) to help me with some little shit I had going on. Like finding someone to lend a hand with my shed so I could hold a yard sale. You know, to make some extra cash for myself and give back at the same time. I can't lift anything or spend to much time on my feet. They put me on hold 3 times, then said "I'm sorry" and hung up 3 times.

I forgot to mention that the company I USED to work for raised over 400k last year. Thanx for reminding me that, even crippled, I am the one that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by ConJinx View Post
    I recently became disabled and called the U.N.(pun intended) to help me with some little shit I had going on. Like finding someone to lend a hand with my shed so I could hold a yard sale. You know, to make some extra cash for myself and give back at the same time. I can't lift anything or spend to much time on my feet. They put me on hold 3 times, then said "I'm sorry" and hung up 3 times.
    That sounds about right. They are a sorry excuse for a charity. The Salvation Army is much better.
    **** Obama and **** you too.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    I won't give to the United Way. When I worked for Prudential and UPS we were always pressured to give so the managers could have 100% participation.
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    I won't give to the United Way. When I worked for Prudential and UPS we were always pressured to give so the managers could have 100% participation.
    No shit.

I was in a 100% participation situation too. I always direct contributed to specific charities.

Quote Originally Posted by SarasotaRepub View Post
    Yep, same thing with me. When I was a cop, our Lt. used to drop the pledge cards to each of us and just short of order us to make a donation. At first, I gave a dollar a month. After a couple of years, I'd write out 'Nothing.'

When I got up in rank, I had to hand the damned things out, but managed to make mention I wasn't giving a dime. Eventually, we stopped getting those pledge cards. I never saw one the last few years on the job.

I donate to the NRA and the Salvation Army, and that's it.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

They try to strong arm employees where I work, too. I've never given them a dime and never will. Upper management makes a big deal out of collecting every pledge card whether you donate or not. I have never turned a single card in and once tore one up in front of an annoying management minion. :)

I look at the way management plays up the united way and comes within a gnat's hair of demanding you make a pledge as coming very close to extortion. In my case, it bordered on donate or-

They never came right out and said it, but the insinuation was there, and it remained until more had stopped donating than were making the pledge. Then, like I said, the cards stopped being handed out toward the end of my career.
    The poster formerly known as chuck58 on the old board.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    At Pru I was told by a VP that of course there wasn't a "list" of people who didn't donate, but would I want my name on that "list" that of course, didn't exist.
    May the FORCE be with you!