Thread: Itís No Deal, Itís A Sellout
#1 Itís No Deal, Itís A Sellout
04-10-2011, 03:45 AM
- Join Date
- Aug 2005
John Boehner has just given away the Republican victory of 2010 at the bargaining table. Like the proverbial Uncle Sam who always wins the war but loses the peace, he has unilaterally disarmed the Republican Party by showing that he will not shut down the government and will, instead, willingly give way on even the most modest of cuts in order to avoid it. He now has no arrows left in his quiver.
Having failed to stand firm for just $61 billion in cuts in a budget of $3.7 trillion, how can we expect him to stand firm over the debt limit extension or the 2012 budget? We canít. The excellent budget proposals of Paul Ryan are no more than a pipe dream now. Boehner has He sold us out now and heíll sell us out again.
This concession makes it clear that:
* Obamacare will not be defunded.
* The EPA will not be blocked from regulating carbon.
* The NLRB will not be stopped from forcing an end to secret ballots in union contests.
* Medicaid will not be block granted and turned over to the states.
* Welfare spending will not be cut nor work requirements imposed.
* The FCC will not be stopped from regulating talk radio.
In short, we have accomplished nothing by our hard work in 2010.
Except we have learned a lesson.
|« Previous Thread | Next Thread »|