Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Senior Betwixt Member Bubba Dawg's Avatar
    In my own private Alamo on The Mountain in Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    I is starting to get hot here again.:( I broke down today and turned the AC on. I was hoping for one more month. Dammit, man.

TOTD: I hate any green veggies, except lettuce. I love corn.
    Yepper I like corn nd just about any kind of beans. Including canned pork and beans.
    Hey careful man! There's a beverage here!

Good veggies: Potatoes, corn, beans (pretty much any), celery, carrots, pretty much anything found in a Caesar, Cobb or other conventional salad.

Bad veggies: Anyone who posts at the DUmp.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    I love Asparagus, tomatoes, corn, spinach, peas, carrots, all fresh or frozen of course. olives, artichokes hearts

I loath beats, nasty things.
    Ditto, especially on the beet thing. As far as I'm concerned, if you find a hair in your beets, you've found the best part.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    weirdo. :p
    Hey, I'm a weirdo too, I guess. I hate beets. They're nasty. So are collard greens, turnips, peas, rutabagas.

Now for the good stuff. I love mushrooms, all kinds of peppers, zucchini and yellow squash, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, corn (fresh on the cob in the summer, yum). We also love lots of garlic with the veggies, ditto onions, particularly red onions and vidalia onions. Nothing is better than tender spring asparagus.

I've been mostly avoiding the grocery stores and going to the Amish fruit and veggie stands. Poor SR, he's going to get very healthy. :D
    http://http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r231/SarasotaRepub/83069bcc.png

" To the world you are just one more person, but to a rescued pet, you are the world."

"
    A Nation of Sheep Breeds a Government of Wolves!"

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Hey, I'm a weirdo too, I guess. I hate beets. They're nasty.
    And how many different ways have you had them? Just pickled right?

Beets are delicious fresh cooked with a dash of salt and pepper - or my favorite way of eating them chilled with sour cream. SOOOOOO YUMMY.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    I love all vegetables with the exception of okra. I'm not sure that even IS a vegetable.
    Okra are satan's snot pods.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Beets are delicious fresh cooked with a dash of salt and pepper - or my favorite way of eating them chilled with sour cream. SOOOOOO YUMMY.
    Shannon, read this post. If your kid ever sounds like this it's too late!:(
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SaintLouieWoman View Post
    Hey, I'm a weirdo too, I guess. I hate beets. They're nasty. So are collard greens, turnips, peas, rutabagas.

Now for the good stuff. I love mushrooms, all kinds of peppers, zucchini and yellow squash, green beans, cauliflower, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, corn (fresh on the cob in the summer, yum). We also love lots of garlic with the veggies, ditto onions, particularly red onions and vidalia onions. Nothing is better than tender spring asparagus.

I've been mostly avoiding the grocery stores and going to the Amish fruit and veggie stands. Poor SR, he's going to get very healthy. :D
    I am with you on most of that (esp. the Vidalia onions, they rock), but I like peas (fresh!) and turnip (it is a Thanksgiving staple at our place). I think I would start eating my own flesh before breaking into the beet storehouses during the zombie apocalypse. I would.
    "Our president delivered his State of the Union message to Congress. That is one of the things his contract calls for -- to tell congress the condition of the country. This message, as I say, is to Congress. The rest of the people know the condition of the country, for they live in it, but Congress has no idea what is going on in America, so the president has to tell 'em." ~ Will Rogers

You are a very diseased little dwarf, ya know that?

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Okra are satan's snot pods.
    totally agree with you, ugh