Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. #1 Poll: 46% of Mississippi Republicans think Interracial Marriage should be Illegal 
    http://www.salon.com/news/politics/w...acial_marriage

http://publicpolicypolling.blogspot....ssissippi.html

When usual Republican primary voters in the state of Mississippi were asked if they think interracial marriage should be legal or illegal, a whopping 46 percent said it should be illegal, compared to 40 percent who think it should be legal. The remaining 14 percent were unsure.

As PPP's Tom Jensen notes, there are some interesting differences between the candidates' favorability ratings when broken down according to respondents' views of interracial marriage:

Palin's net favorability with folks who think interracial marriage should be illegal (+55 at 74/19) is 17 points higher than it is with folks who think interracial marriage should be legal (+38 at 64/26.) Meanwhile Romney's favorability numbers see the opposite trend. He's at +23 (53/30) with voters who think interracial marriage should be legal but 19 points worse at +4 (44/40) with those who think it should be illegal

Poll data, questions set, method data
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Oh boy! A salon.com POLL!!!

Wow, almost as credible as you using Pravda as a credible source.

Fuck off, moonbat.

rm -rf obama*

They asked only 400 people! Jesus Christ... I bet I could find 400 people in Boston who opposed Interracial marriage. Hell, I probably could find 400 people in Miami who felt this way.

Fuck you, Wei. Fuck your race baiting, southern bashing biased, and too small to fucking matter poll.

And fuck Salon.com too.

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    um...with poll done by a Democrat affiliated polling group...huh...

I dunno from all the numbers and stuff.

But I live in Mississippi, and we hear this stuff all the time. You break down the numbers and the old timers in my age group come out opposed to interracial marriage. Big deal. Prolly 56% of the Democrats are opposed to interracial marriage, too.

I dunno. Don't care. I'm still a Republican. And I don't care who dates/marries/sleeps with who.

And I'm telling ya.....if Halley Berry comes knockin on my door and tells me she wants me, I'm leaving with her!:)

Quote Originally Posted by TruckerMe View Post
    if Halley Berry comes knockin on my door and tells me she wants me, I'm leaving with her!:)
    QFT, and that goes double for Beyonce.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by CueSi View Post
    They asked only 400 people! Jesus Christ... I bet I could find 400 people in Boston who opposed Interracial marriage. Hell, I probably could find 400 people in Miami who felt this way.

Fuck you, Wei. Fuck your race baiting, southern bashing biased, and too small to fucking matter poll.

And fuck Salon.com too.

~QC
    QFT
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

OK... this is one of the lamest attempts at flame bait I've seen in a long time.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    what the democrat pollsters didn't tell you is that they were black republicans who were opposed to interracial marriage.

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    what the democrat pollsters didn't tell you is that they were black republicans who were opposed to interracial marriage.
    RIGHT! Finding a black Republican in our fine state may be a bit tough - I don't know any - but no one ever said it was only white folks who were opposed to interracial marriage. Some folks just think it's a lousy idea and believe that so strongly that they want it to be illegal.

It used to be illegal. It is - or was - called miscegenation, and it was illegal in almost every state as recently as 1942, when my Chinese sister was born to my Boston-Irish mother in Boston. So it wasn't, and isn't, just a southern thing.