Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Sex, swords and sorcery 
    At long last, the STARZ series "Camelot" has started. Episode 2 ran last Friday.

Although most of you guys didn't like Eva Green when she was a "hot or not' chick, I'll say that Eva is the epitome of evil playing Morgan. I absolutely adore her. In the sex scene she does with King Lot (James Purefoy), she spits and screams and calls him names and then scratches him. My kind of girl.

Tamsin Egerton as Guinivere is lovely. Tamsin has perhaps, the finest pair of breasts to ever be filmed.

The other actors are all very good, with Joseph Fiennes doing a great Merlin.

If you're not watching it, you should be. If you are, what do you think?

rm -rf obama*

Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    I may have to look into it. BUT FIRST...tell me what you thought of Firefly. this is a test.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    I may have to look into it. BUT FIRST...tell me what you thought of Firefly. this is a test.
    Firefly was awesome, Fox screwed up and aired it in the wrong order and screwed with the time slot.

I might watch Camelot, but Game of Thrones starts on Sunday on HBO, sooooooo excited :D

Ever since I saw the first commercial for this, I have not been excited at all. I've been a huge fan of the Arthur legend for as long as I can remember, and nothing about this entices me.
    In most sports, cold-cocking an opposing player repeatedly in the face with a series of gigantic Slovakian uppercuts would get you a multi-game suspension without pay.

In hockey, it means you have to sit in the penalty box for five minutes.

Quote Originally Posted by djones520 View Post
    Ever since I saw the first commercial for this, I have not been excited at all. I've been a huge fan of the Arthur legend for as long as I can remember, and nothing about this entices me.
    Helen Mirren in Excalibur. Yowza.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    Firefly was awesome, Fox screwed up and aired it in the wrong order and screwed with the time slot.

I might watch Camelot, but Game of Thrones starts on Sunday on HBO, sooooooo excited :D
    +1000

I'm sure A Song of Ice and Fire is going to blow Camelot out of the water, but I will probably end up watching both of them. I'm almost done with A Feast for Crows, I have less than a hundred pages to go, and this is a very good, if depressing, series. It's going to translate well into a series.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Helen Mirren in Excalibur. Yowza.

Excalibur is my standard for King Arthur movies. Sure, it's campy, but it's fun and some of the scenes are beautifully filmed. Plus, it's a whose who of future english acting stars, like Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart and Gabriel Byrne.

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    +1000

I'm sure A Song of Ice and Fire is going to blow Camelot out of the water, but I will probably end up watching both of them. I'm almost done with A Feast for Crows, I have less than a hundred pages to go, and this is a very good, if depressing, series. It's going to translate well into a series.
    yeah, I finished them up about a month ago, wanted to get them all read before the series started, the new one A Dance of Dragons will (cross fingers) be out in July (finally)

Martin has written screen plays in the past (Beauty and the Beast TV show, and others), plus his style is very similar to Orson Scott Card in that they are meant to be heard/seen. He did say that somethings have been combined and moved around because of time and the ability to do somethings, but it's very true to the books.

Quote Originally Posted by BadCat View Post
    At long last, the STARZ series "Camelot" has started. Episode 2 ran last Friday.

Although most of you guys didn't like Eva Green when she was a "hot or not' chick, I'll say that Eva is the epitome of evil playing Morgan. I absolutely adore her. In the sex scene she does with King Lot (James Purefoy), she spits and screams and calls him names and then scratches him. My kind of girl.

Tamsin Egerton as Guinivere is lovely. Tamsin has perhaps, the finest pair of breasts to ever be filmed.

The other actors are all very good, with Joseph Fiennes doing a great Merlin.

If you're not watching it, you should be. If you are, what do you think?
    The show is great and Tamsin Egerton is to DIE FOR! stunning does not do her justice . . . .

Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Emilie Clark as Daenerys Targaryen

and Lena Headey as Cersei Lannister

first is quite and shy, just learning that she has real power the second is a cunning, incestuous bitch that thinks she has real power