Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819
Results 181 to 184 of 184
  1. #181  
    Banned
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Bavaria
    Posts
    9,152
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    of course it is free will, they don't want to Accidently be killed. Why must you be so naive Lanie?
    Because in Lanie-world...feelings emotions and Liberal propaganda trump logic reason and common sense.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #182  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Read. Remember.

    The Time Traveler nodded. “That’s more true than you know,” he said. “I come from a place and time where your grandchildren and hundreds of millions of other dhimmi are compelled to write ‘pbuh’ after the Prophet’s name. They wear gold crosses and gold Stars of David sewn onto their clothing. The Nazis didn’t invent the wearing of the Star of David . . . the marking and setting apart of the Jews in society. Muslims did that centuries ago in they lands they conquered, European and otherwise. They will refine it and update it, not toward the more merciful, in the lands they occupy through the decades ahead of you.”

    “You’re crazy,” I cried, standing. My hands were balled into fists. “Islam is a religion . . . a religion of peace . . . not our enemy. We can’t be at war with a religion. That’s obscene.”

    “Have you read the Qur’an and learned your Sunnah?” asked the Time Traveler. “It would behoove you to do so. Dhimmi means ‘protection.’ And your children and grandchildren will be protected . . . like cattle.”
    Last edited by Sonnabend; 04-21-2011 at 02:43 AM.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #183  
    LTC Member Odysseus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FT Belvoir, VA
    Posts
    15,638
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    My monitor was clean before I saw that..................:mad:
    More collateral damage. I'll have a chat with my targeting officer. :D
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    Okay, I actually had wanted to stop arguing, so I left the thread, but I do have something useful to add.
    You wouldn't want to vote on that, would you?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    I think it's important. It's believed that most of the Muslim women are either wanting to wear the veil or are being forced to by Muslim men. That's not true.

    http://www.nytimes.com/2009/09/01/wo...5lFPEQ7fDWoM8g

    So this fuss is all about 367 Muslim women.
    According to the NY Times? I'll withhold judgement until a reputable source confirms it. Based on my experience in London in 2004, it's far more common than that. In fact, I saw more full veils in Hyde Park than I did in Iraq. I would be very surprised if France were far behind Britain on that account. Also, it's not just about the niqab, but the hijab, the head covering, which France has previously banned in public schools.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanie View Post
    How many Muslims are in France?
    Making a big deal out of this is like making a big deal out of Jews with long beards or Christian women wearing dresses down to their ankles. It's just not common.[/QUOTE]
    If Jews routinely physically assaulted clean-shaven men, and Christians considered women who are showing a bit of calf to be "uncovered meat" and subject to rape, you'd be correct, but since they don't you're not. The issue is not that some women have chosen to walk around in public dressed in ankle-length duffel bags with eyeholes, it's that those women who refuse to do so are put at risk by the ideology of the Islamists who seek to impose that standard on everyone else. You keep pretending that this is about the religious freedom of a few women who have submitted to purdah, when it's actually about the religious freedom of the millions of women who haven't, and don't want to. France isn't infringing on the rights of 367 Muslim women, it's protecting the rights of 25 million French women.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Thanks for the link. That's a great story. I'm posting the whole thing.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

    Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #184  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Thanks for the link. That's a great story. I'm posting the whole thing.
    I did a while back,but feel free. It's been referenced several times in the past.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •