View Poll Results: Will you vote for either of the Pauls?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Paul

5 15.15%
  • Rand Paul

4 12.12%
  • Lets have the first father/son as president and vice president! WOOT!

6 18.18%
  • Nah

18 54.55%
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    Well i don't want to be like that, i just want people to vote for him because i think he can turn this country around. so to all you supporters out there, please try not to annoy potential voters!
    How? By blaming the U.S. for 9/11? By taking the economy of this country back 100 years and reverting to the Gold standard?

The guy pretends to be a Republican to continue getting re-elected. He doesn't even have the guts to run as the Libertarian he claims he is.

If he's not willing to proudly stand behind what he really is...what makes you honestly think he's good for the country?

so what if he took money from neo-nazis? its not like he's giving them money or supporting them. and with
    Taking the money implies he agress with them and approves of what they stand for. Given his dislike of Israel...it's no wonder they like him.

the whole NWO, alex jones stuff, I always say, better safe than sorry!
    You're going to sit there with a straight face and tell us 9/11 was an inside job?
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    No, not when you KNOWING accept their money.

Kid, I suspect your parents are Paulestinians too because not even 16 years olds are this naive. Please just go back to masturbating like boys your age do and leave the politics to grownups.
    actualy they aren't. i have my own political views, and actually there is more to Nazism than racism, Nazism is basicly liberterian PLUS racism, so one issue doesnt make that much of a difference. gary johnson is pro-choice but ron paul endorsed him.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    actualy they aren't. i have my own political views, and actually there is more to Nazism than racism, Nazism is basicly liberterian PLUS racism, so one issue doesnt make that much of a difference. gary johnson is pro-choice but ron paul endorsed him.
    when he has his picture taken with they guys from Stormfront

yeah, he doesn't agree with them

Quote Originally Posted by MountainMan View Post
    No, not when you KNOWING accept their money.

Kid, I suspect your parents are Paulestinians too because not even 16 years olds are this naive. Please just go back to masturbating like boys your age do and leave the politics to grownups.
    OMG!!!! That's not his kids in his avatar? That's him?

Look, kid. I'm happy that your interested in politics, but until you live in the real world, you really can't have an informed opinion.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    How? By blaming the U.S. for 9/11? By taking the economy of this country back 100 years and reverting to the Gold standard?
    It beats the paper standard we're using now.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

why do you think the Pauls are a bad choice?
    Rand strikes me as less nuts than Ron, but I'd like to see him vetted a bit more thoroughly before a presidential run. Ron's lack of understanding of foreign policy makes him completely unacceptable to me.
    i think if one of them wins the primary, they have a good chance. if you remember, Ron wasn't stupid enough to run in the libertarian party, so i think, as i said before, if he wins the primary, he can win the election
    Neither of them will get through the primaries, but Ron could divert enough votes away from a solid conservative to allow a RINO to get the nomination. He's become the Republican version of Ralph Nader.

"Paulestinians" ROFLOL!!!
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    why do you think the Pauls are a bad choice?

Ron Paul would be my FIRST choice -- IF domestic and fiscal policy were the only challenges facing this country, but since he is absolutely suicidal when it comes to foreign policy, I could NEVER vote for him as President.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar

Nazi-ism has NOTHING in common with Libertarianism. The Nazis were ALL about an all - intrusive central government that centrally planned the economy etc. Libertarians are EXACT opposites of that.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Nazi-ism has NOTHING in common with Libertarianism. The Nazis were ALL about an all - intrusive central government that centrally planned the economy etc. Libertarians are EXACT opposites of that.
    To be fair, he may not have had that in school yet. :)
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

To say that Ron Paul is a racist or endorses Storm Front because he took their money and ran with it is a position completely devoid of honest thought. He took the donations from Storm Front, and basically said he separated them from their money, and he wasn't going to espouse their views, so that makes them the fool.

I think his views on racial relations are very well thought out.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    Racism is simply an ugly form of collectivism, the mindset that views humans only as members of groups and never as individuals. Racists believe that all individual who share superficial physical characteristics are alike; as collectivists, racists think only in terms of groups. By encouraging Americans to adopt a group mentality, the advocates of so-called "diversity" actually perpetuate racism. Their intense focus on race is inherently racist, because it views individuals only as members of racial groups.

Conservatives and libertarians should fight back and challenge the myth that collectivist liberals care more about racism. Modern liberalism, however well intentioned, is a byproduct of the same collectivist thinking that characterizes racism. The continued insistence on group thinking only inflames racial tensions.
    There are many intellectual arguments one could use to attack Ron Paul's policies. His ideas on foreign policy are not ideal, but if your only complaint against the guy is that "He's a racist truther", then your facts are wrong. You might as well start calling the Tea Parties "racist birthers". The same animosity most of you display when progressives start screaming "racists!" because they don't like the facts of an argument should apply here.

Ron Paul is not a racist, and is not a truther. Ron Paul believes the facts in the 9/11 commission report, facts which explain the motivation of our enemies. Whether or not you think our enemies are justified in being so motivated, or whether or not you think Ron Paul's solutions to the problems this motivation has created are correct are where the arguments should lie. The "racist truther" argument is just too conspiracy theorist for me.
    Last edited by malloc; 04-13-2011 at 03:22 PM.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense