View Poll Results: Will you vote for either of the Pauls?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Paul

5 15.15%
  • Rand Paul

4 12.12%
  • Lets have the first father/son as president and vice president! WOOT!

6 18.18%
  • Nah

18 54.55%
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by OrthodoxPresbyterian View Post
    Will do! Just figuring out how to post new threads, but I'll post one there later tonight.

At the moment, I have to go pick up the wife so we can get together our weekly war-gaming session with "the guys".

So... I have a wife who enjoys playing strategy wargames with me, does that count as an interesting interest?
    Very much so, we have several gamers here.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by OrthodoxPresbyterian View Post
    Looks to me like there's 13 Pro-Paul votes.
    Whereas there are 12 Anti-Paul votes.
    13 is more than 12.
    The Pauls are winning.

How's my mathematical learnin' coming along now, kemosabe?
    Best, OP
    I'll wait for the poll that matters. :p

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    Do you think Ron Paul has good ideas? Will you vote for him or his son Rand in the primary? if you have any concerns about them, what are they?

http://www.ronpaul.com/

He is an Libertarian, but he runs for office as a Republican for obvious reasons. His son is the same, and he recently became a Kentucky Senator. Though inexperienced, he is charismatic, which might be needed to beat Obama, and he has the same ideas so yea.

If domestic policy were the only criteria, YES I would CONSIDER voting for him.

But since his foreign policy is the equivalent of suicide, I will not .
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    If domestic policy were the only criteria, YES I would CONSIDER voting for him.

But since his foreign policy is the equivalent of suicide, I will not .
    what's wrong with taking are military out of other countries and being a neutral country? and what's wrong with giving other countries loads of money? war and foreign aid are what's bankrupting us, not just medicare
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

what's wrong with taking are military out of other countries and being a neutral country?
    As the largest economy in the world, the US can never be just a neutral country. We will always be threatened by those who see us as either a target for plunder or an impediment to their own designs. If we retreat to our borders, the world will follow, and it will not be kind to a weakened America. Thus, we will always have the need to project power beyond our borders. Our economy requires goods from other nations and the capacity to safely export goods from our own. That means that sea lanes must be kept open, and that means a navy with the scope to project power anywhere in the world. That requires naval bases with full port facilities. Our air force has the same requirements, but doesn't need access to coastal areas for airbases. Our land forces have to have equipment pre-stocked in position in order to facilitate deployments to areas where our security is threatened.

and what's wrong with giving other countries loads of money? war and foreign aid are what's bankrupting us, not just medicare
    Foreign aid accounts for a minute percentage of our spending. That's not to say that we should continue it, but we should think about what we are buying with that aid. Afghanistan received over $100 million in emergency food aid in 2000. In 2001, they harbored al Qaeda after 9/11. Obviously, we did not buy their goodwill. Foreign aid should be rethought in terms of what we want to accomplish. Are America's interests really served by programs that empower people who are ideologically opposed to everything that we stand for? We should use aid to strengthen our allies and weaken our enemies.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

what's wrong with taking are military out of other countries and being a neutral country? and what's wrong with giving other countries loads of money? war and foreign aid are what's bankrupting us, not just medicare
    Oh brother here we go again.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    what's wrong with taking are military out of other countries and being a neutral country?
    because, you know that worked SOOOO well after World War 1

and what's wrong with giving other countries loads of money? war and foreign aid are what's bankrupting us, not just medicare
    most of us would LOVE to see the end of foreign aid to countries that hate us and dont use it for the reason it's given to them
    "Should I keep back my opinions at such a time, through fear of giving offense, I should consider myself as guilty of treason towards my country, and of an act of disloyalty toward the Majesty of Heaven, which I revere above all earthly kings..." Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    because, you know that worked SOOOO well after World War 1
    well that also had to do with the UN. it worked and still does work pretty well for Switzerland

http://cominganarchy.com/2010/11/09/...utral-america/
    Last edited by jnkbortka; 06-20-2011 at 04:20 PM.
    If you want to see my political views, check out my profile. i have them on my wall because there wasn't enough room in the info section.

well that also had to do with the UN. it worked and still does work pretty well for Switzerland

http://cominganarchy.com/2010/11/09/...utral-america/
    Ummmm...UN came into being after WW2, not WW1. You're thinking of the failure known as the League of Nations.
    Solve a man's problem with violence and help him for a day. Teach a man how to solve his problems with violence, help him for a lifetime - Belkar Bitterleaf

Quote Originally Posted by Zathras View Post
    Ummmm...UN came into being after WW2, not WW1. You're thinking of the failure known as the League of Nations.
    Yes i am lol