View Poll Results: Will you vote for either of the Pauls?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Paul

    5 15.15%
  • Rand Paul

    4 12.12%
  • Lets have the first father/son as president and vice president! WOOT!

    6 18.18%
  • Nah

    18 54.55%
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 128
  1. #51  
    Senior Member jnkbortka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Indiana
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    Nazi-ism has NOTHING in common with Libertarianism. The Nazis were ALL about an all - intrusive central government that centrally planned the economy etc. Libertarians are EXACT opposites of that.
    Haha sry my mistake :P

    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Rand strikes me as less nuts than Ron, but I'd like to see him vetted a bit more thoroughly before a presidential run. Ron's lack of understanding of foreign policy makes him completely unacceptable to me.
    He's great for foreign policy! we should not be giving other countries money when we have problems of our own!

    Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Neither of them will get through the primaries, but Ron could divert enough votes away from a solid conservative to allow a RINO to get the nomination. He's become the Republican version of Ralph Nader.
    No he has enough sense not to run in the general election if he doesn't win the primary

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    It beats the paper standard we're using now.
    Yea, gold doesn't loose it's value unless you find a huge amount of it somewhere.
     

  2. #52  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,333
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    To be fair, he may not have had that in school yet. :)
    To be fair he has done far more to contribute to this thread than you have. All you have been able to do with our new comer so far is criticize him, if you want to debate with him fine, otherwise shut up!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
     

  3. #53  
    Senior Member jnkbortka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Indiana
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    To be fair he has done far more to contribute to this thread than you have. All you have been able to do with our new comer so far is criticize him, if you want to debate with him fine, otherwise shut up!
    Haha it's all good, but thanks anyway. They do have the constitutional right to say what they want, even if it's wrong xD
     

  4. #54  
    Sonnabend
    Guest
    Neither has a chance and both are raving nutters.

    Thatisall
     

  5. #55  
    PORCUS MAXIMUS Rockntractor's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    oklahoma
    Posts
    42,333
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Neither has a chance and both are raving nutters.

    Thatisall
    I like junior better than pa.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg
     

  6. #56  
    Senior Member jnkbortka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Salem, Indiana
    Posts
    380
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonnabend View Post
    Neither has a chance and both are raving nutters.

    Thatisall
    I think Ron has a pretty good chance if he can win the primary, which i don't think is as hard as you say, and yes he's pretty radical, but the same could be said about seceding from Britain and forming a republic, given the times
     

  7. #57  
    eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    Sunny,FL
    Posts
    43,295
    People are getting fed up with the "normal" crap flowing out of D.C. so
    Paul, God help us, may have a chance...:mad::D
    May the FORCE be with you!
     

  8. #58  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    To say that Ron Paul is a racist or endorses Storm Front because he took their money and ran with it is a position completely devoid of honest thought. He took the donations from Storm Front, and basically said he separated them from their money, and he wasn't going to espouse their views, so that makes them the fool.

    I think his views on racial relations are very well thought out.


    There are many intellectual arguments one could use to attack Ron Paul's policies. His ideas on foreign policy are not ideal, but if your only complaint against the guy is that "He's a racist truther", then your facts are wrong. You might as well start calling the Tea Parties "racist birthers". The same animosity most of you display when progressives start screaming "racists!" because they don't like the facts of an argument should apply here.

    Ron Paul is not a racist, and is not a truther. Ron Paul believes the facts in the 9/11 commission report, facts which explain the motivation of our enemies. Whether or not you think our enemies are justified in being so motivated, or whether or not you think Ron Paul's solutions to the problems this motivation has created are correct are where the arguments should lie. The "racist truther" argument is just too conspiracy theorist for me.
    He may not be, but it shows a lack of political tact to know that taking money from people like that is toxic. He'll lose a lot of votes for idiocy like that.
     

  9. #59  
    Senior Member malloc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Queen Creek, AZ
    Posts
    2,147
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    He may not be, but it shows a lack of political tact to know that taking money from people like that is toxic. He'll lose a lot of votes for idiocy like that.
    I'll agree that tact is not one of Ron Paul's strong points, that's for sure.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense
     

  10. #60  
    Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Southwest Michigan (in Exile)
    Posts
    8,757
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I'll agree that tact is not one of Ron Paul's strong points, that's for sure.
    which is why he will never get elected to anything more than a Congressmen
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •