View Poll Results: Will you vote for either of the Pauls?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ron Paul

5 15.15%
  • Rand Paul

4 12.12%
  • Lets have the first father/son as president and vice president! WOOT!

6 18.18%
  • Nah

18 54.55%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    which is why he will never get elected to anything more than a Congressmen
    This is always the case with libertarians and then there are very few at the federal level.
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

which is why he will never get elected to anything more than a Congressmen
    I'm also pretty sure you are right on this one too. However, and I know people who don't like him deny this, he has influenced the fiscal debate for the better I think. I think it's Ron Paul & his supporters who "mainstreamed" talking about monetary policy, foreign aid, and keeping a closer eye on the fed and banks, or at least revitalized the conversation. That's a good contribution in my opinion, and I think it would be a good thing if more never-gonna-be's with good ideas would primary just for this reason.
    "In England a king hath little more to do than to make war and give away places; which in plain terms, is to impoverish the nation and set it together by the ears. A pretty business indeed for a man to be allowed eight hundred thousand sterling a year for, and worshipped into the bargain! Of more worth is one honest man to society and in the sight of God, than all the crowned ruffians that ever lived."
    —Thomas Paine, Common Sense

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    I'm also pretty sure you are right on this one too. However, and I know people who don't like him deny this, he has influenced the fiscal debate for the better I think. I think it's Ron Paul & his supporters who "mainstreamed" talking about monetary policy, foreign aid, and keeping a closer eye on the fed and banks, or at least revitalized the conversation. That's a good contribution in my opinion, and I think it would be a good thing if more never-gonna-be's with good ideas would primary just for this reason.
    oh yeah, for sure, he's got sway in the debate and has some great ideas on fiscal policy and debt reduction (Gold standard isn't one though). He's the one that pushed through the audit of the military which has needed it for decades to reduce waste there, as well as pushing for an audit for the Federal Reserve

oh yeah, for sure, he's got sway in the debate and has some great ideas on fiscal policy and debt reduction (Gold standard isn't one though). He's the one that pushed through the audit of the military which has needed it for decades to reduce waste there, as well as pushing for an audit for the Federal Reserve
    and why is the gold standard not a good idea? whats bad about having our worthless paper money backed by something with real value like gold?

Quote Originally Posted by jnkbortka View Post
    and why is the gold standard not a good idea? whats bad about having our worthless paper money backed by something with real value like gold?
    we don't have enough gold, period. If we're going to back it with something, should be something that there is plenty of, but I don't believe any country has a gold standard, hell even China doesn't have a metal backing it. If we did switch, the economy would probably collapse. But we'll have to see how Russia fairs as they are looking at switching

we don't have enough gold, period. If we're going to back it with something, should be something that there is plenty of, but I don't believe any country has a gold standard, hell even China doesn't have a metal backing it. If we did switch, the economy would probably collapse. But we'll have to see how Russia fairs as they are looking at switching
    Back it with
    BACON!
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    Back it with
    BACON!
    always with the bacon with you, Mr Porky

Senior Member Constitutionally Speaking's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    To be fair, he may not have had that in school yet. :)

OR -- more likely --- He HAS had this in school and this is what they have "taught" him.
    I long for the days when our President actually liked our country.

there's not very much. so the dollar soars in value. I don't see a problem. we could also just use paper BACKED with precious metals, and make it illegal for banks not to have less metal money than it has in bank notes, because that's part of what caused the great depression

Quote Originally Posted by Constitutionally Speaking View Post
    OR -- more likely --- He HAS had this in school and this is what they have "taught" him.
    nope. people at school don't influence me as much as your average teenager lol

Quote Originally Posted by malloc View Post
    To say that Ron Paul is a racist or endorses Storm Front because he took their money and ran with it is a position completely devoid of honest thought. He took the donations from Storm Front, and basically said he separated them from their money, and he wasn't going to espouse their views, so that makes them the fool.

That's the same kind of argument Libs make when they say "Just because he sat in church every sunday for 20 years doesn't mean that Obama agrees with Rev. Wright's teachings."

In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.