Thread: Unrequited Love

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    I would submit that this thread should be in The Whiny Zone.
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by CaughtintheMiddle1990 View Post
    That's the thing--I don't want to fix her. Just be with her. Scars, patches and all. I like who she is, intimacy issues included. I don't mind it. I have my faults too--some big ones, really--And I think real love isn't about trying to change a person, but about accepting the good in spite of the bad. That doesn't mean you have to lay down and be a punching bag, not at all, but I think you either love someone as they are--in total, black marks and all--or not at all. I don't think real, romantic love should come with strings attached like that. "Well, I love him...BUUTT..." No.

And I don't think she's using me...She's been there for me when I was sick, taken care of her and attended to me, and she's just been there period. She's been better than any woman I've actually been with. There is affection there, but its restrained somehow. Maybe she's afraid of it. I don't know.
    Real romantic love is a relationship between emotional equals that is free and clear of strings. Almost no healthy women will be okay with you hanging out with this friend and sharing that level of intimacy with her (sexual or not). The relationship you are describing is a form of chivalry where the object of devotion is safely out of reach and also unable to reach you on a truly intimate level. That's a way to be but it's not a way to be with anyone else.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel Yell View Post
    Why don't you just punch yourself in the dick and waller around on broken glass? It'll accomplish the same thing.
    This is the perfect response. No, I'm not joking.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

She DESPISES being touched in any form (I don't mean sexually). Even a boyfriend holding her hand makes her uncomfortable. She's also not the most emotional, which is the opposite of me. You could even say she borders on cold, a little unempathetic.
    That alone should be your cue to get the fuck out. You just stated, right there, that you are polar opposites, especially what you said in the last sentence.

By the way, there is no such thing as being "a little unempathetic". She either gives a shit about you, or she doesn't.

Don't fall for all this shit you'll hear about opposites attracting. When they are this polar apart, the attraction will be short-lived, and probably not conducive to your long-term wellbeing.

Hate to say this, but I actually agree with JB, for once. She is using you. GTFO.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    This is the perfect response. No, I'm not joking.
    It's funny how near polar opposites can think so much alike.;)
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Tattoo this on the inside of your eyelids:

BEHAVIOR SOLVES PROBLEMS

She behaves the way she does because it solves a problem for her.
    You behave the way you do because it solves a problem for you.

Try to understand what problem she is solving. You may arrive at the conclusion (I have) that she is using you as a crutch.
    And you? Make your own conclusion.

That's the thing--I don't want to fix her. Just be with her. Scars, patches and all. I like who she is, intimacy issues included. I don't mind it. I have my faults too--some big ones, really--And I think real love isn't about trying to change a person, but about accepting the good in spite of the bad. That doesn't mean you have to lay down and be a punching bag, not at all, but I think you either love someone as they are--in total, black marks and all--or not at all. I don't think real, romantic love should come with strings attached like that. "Well, I love him...BUUTT..." No.

And I don't think she's using me...She's been there for me when I was sick, taken care of her and attended to me, and she's just been there period. She's been better than any woman I've actually been with. There is affection there, but its restrained somehow. Maybe she's afraid of it. I don't know.
    Caught. . . "evil woman" was once my occupation (remember, ex-stripper. You gotta join the "evil woman" union to get anywhere) and the girl you mention is the secretary at the union meetings (I freelance now). Cut. Her. Loose.

~QC
    Last edited by CueSi; 04-12-2011 at 05:11 PM.
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.

Quote Originally Posted by hampshirebrit View Post
    Hate to say this, but I actually agree with JB, for once.
    Dude! :mad:

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Dude! :mad:
    Don't cry. Ain't gonna happen too often we agree on anything. Just make the most of it.
    nie vergessen, nie verzeihen.

I move that because Hamp and JB agreed with each other, this thread be moved to It's the end of Teh world I tell ya!!
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.