1. #1 ‘If Decapitating Police Officers Is Not Terrorism, What Is?’ 
    Border Sheriff on Mexican Cartels: ‘If Decapitating Police Officers Is Not Terrorism, What Is?’
    Wednesday, April 13, 2011
    By Edwin Mora

Washington (CNSNews.com) – The federal government should designate Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations under U.S. law, according to the Republican sheriff of an Arizona county near the U.S.-Mexico border.

But a Democratic judge in Texas disagrees, saying such a designation would achieve little. Instead, said the judge, attention should be focused on illegal drug consumption by Americans.

Asked by CNSNews.com whether he would support designating Mexican drug cartels as foreign terrorist organizations (FTOs) – as some lawmakers are suggesting as a way to target their finances – Sheriff Paul Babeu of Pinal County, Ariz. replied, “Absolutely.”

“They are terrorists,” said Babeu, a Republican elected official. “Literally 35,000 people have been brutally murdered in Mexico. The president just articulated we went and bombed Libya because we didn’t want possibly 1,000 civilians just killed – it would have been blood on our hands.”

“Wait a minute,” he continued. “That’s half way around the world. Look south –35,000 people killed and they’re not just regular people [but] judges, police chiefs, you know, anybody who stands up in their way.”

“They’re cutting police officers’ heads off, killing them, laying them in front of the police station,” Babeu said. “If that’s not a terrorist act, what is? They have destabilized Mexico to the point where it’s caused great concern here.”

Pinal County is located south of Phoenix, about 70 miles north of the southwest border.
    Like Americans will stop buying drugs. We should just grow them here and collapse the market.

CNS

Quote Originally Posted by Gingersnap View Post
    Like Americans will stop buying drugs. We should just grow them here and collapse the market.

CNS
    libertarians and the left agree that drug prohibition only strengthens black market organizations

it seems many people agree about this drug problem, i wonder where all the opposition must come from? there are billions of dollars at stake, lives being lost, people being locked up, who is benefiting from this so much that they want it to remain this way?
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Fabulous Poster
    Judge Veronica Escobar

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    libertarians and the left agree that drug prohibition only strengthens black market organizations

it seems many people agree about this drug problem, i wonder where all the opposition must come from? there are billions of dollars at stake, lives being lost, people being locked up, who is benefiting from this so much that they want it to remain this way?
    Wow. Wee and I agree on something. The reason why the mafia had such a meteoric rise was because of prohibition.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    When California legalized Medicinal Pot, the Mexican drug cartels lost 1/2 of their business almost overnight. We decriminalize Hemp, allow it grow as an agricultural product (for more than just smoking), then tax any drug use like cigs, not only will we have a revenue stream, but also put a large number of the drug cartels out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    When California legalized Medicinal Pot, the Mexican drug cartels lost 1/2 of their business almost overnight. We decriminalize Hemp, allow it grow as an agricultural product (for more than just smoking), then tax any drug use like cigs, not only will we have a revenue stream, but also put a large number of the drug cartels out of business.
    makes sense to me too
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Smith - Wealth of Nations
    It is not very unreasonable that the rich should contribute to the public expense, not only in proportion to their revenue, but something more than in that proportion.

Quote Originally Posted by Wei Wu Wei View Post
    makes sense to me too
    And I would say take that tax money and use it solely to pay back the debt. Although the problem with that would be sooner or later some politician would start to take money from the fund and use it elsewhere.
    Liberals are proof that evolution is only a theory. Nothing that stupid could evolve past a monkey.

If Decapitating Police Officers Is Not Terrorism, What Is?
    Non-elective surgery.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by jediab View Post
    And I would say take that tax money and use it solely to pay back the debt. Although the problem with that would be sooner or later some politician would start to take money from the fund and use it elsewhere.
    then buying weed would become a ...dare I say it... patriotic duty.

Cue likey. :D

~QC
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. To be your own man is hard business. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself." Rudyard Kipling - (1865-1936)

Context doesn't matter to this liberal it seems/ as long as it satisfies his godless dreams/ like monkeys throwing sh!t as castles in air/ as long as he throws/that is the extent of his care.