1. #1 " California Teachers Association To Block Major Artery's Demanding Tax Increase ." 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    California Teachers Association $1 Million “State of Emergency” Protests May Include Road Closures, Plus “Labor-Union Flavored Ice Cream”

Earlier today, I posted about the California Teachers Association’s plan to occupy the State Capitol on May 9-13 as part of the union’s protests to increase tax revenue for the state’s schools and teachers. I now have further information, including the news that CTA has budgeted $1 million for the protests.

The union has set up a web site of material for activists at CAstateofemergency.com. The documents include the handout I posted earlier, plus a 10-page list of “potential activities” the CTA State Council dreamed up. The State Council consists of more than 700 elected union representatives from all across the state. I’ve also posted this document on the EIA web site.

The “potential activities” include:

* Target the businesses of legislators in their home districts.

* Circle the offices of “problem legislators.” Target them with various actions.

* Picket/rally in front of legislators’ offices/homes.

* Follow targeted legislators for the entire day.

* Have students and parents do informational picketing for one hour outside their school site.

* Have parents and students camp in front of schools all night.

* Have teachers being laid off contact parents and other CTA members.

* Make phone calls on Parents’ Day. Call parents to tell them how their child is doing and then talk about the budget cuts and invite them to attend the rallies.

* Refrain from Shopping Day. Show the value of educators and other public employees and the economic contribution they make to local communities by refraining from shopping one day.

* Throw monopoly money in the toilet to show that all our money is going down the drain

* Publish a list of companies that are not paying their fair share of taxes. Send letters to these companies and the media and picket their offices. Withdraw funds from banks that are not paying their fair share. (Editor’s note: CTA is a tax-exempt organization.)

* One-day boycott of Microsoft and other corporations that are pushing failed education reform efforts.

* Turn fire/earthquake drill into crisis response drill to the budget cuts (involve students and the community)

* Attempt to close a major artery into town/cities

http://hotair.com/archives/2011/04/1...red-ice-cream/

Attempt to close a major artery into town/cities
    People, already over taxed stuck in traffic because of a bunch of over paid louts blocking their way, and these are the more intelligent people in our society that teach our children?
    The difference between pigs and people is that when they tell you you're cured it isn't a good thing.
    http://i.imgur.com/FHvkMSE.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    People, already over taxed stuck in traffic because of a bunch of over paid louts blocking their way, and these are the more intelligent people in our society that teach our children?
    I've never understood how blocking traffic is supposed to win people over.

The purpose of a peaceful demonstration is a threat. In essence, you march on the capitol without weapons to show them that you are angry and that you could as easily have weapons. Blocking main street doesn't have the same effect has imprisoning the legislators in their offices.
    Last edited by Novaheart; 04-13-2011 at 08:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I've understood how blocking traffic is supposed to win people over.

The purpose of a peaceful demonstration is a threat. In essence, you march on the capitol without weapons to show them that you are angry and that you could as easily have weapons. Blocking main street doesn't have the same effect has imprisoning the legislators in their offices.
    Um, blocking traffic is not peaceful.
    The Obama Administration: Deny. Deflect. Blame.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by NJCardFan View Post
    Um, blocking traffic is not peaceful.
    Sorry, it should have read "never" understood.