Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 14
  1. #1 Gusty Gustav Monday 
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    Looks like Gustav is down to a Cat 2. Sure is strange to see Shepard Smith back in NOLA.
    If the levees hold, maybe there won't be too much damage. The problem is, next time will people evacuate?

    Jindal is a super-hero down here. I even read on DU that they were thankful he wasn't the VP nominee.

    TOTD: What was your best vacation? I travelled a lot as a kid and as an Army spouse but rarely took "vacations". We spent 3 days in Salzburg and Berchestgarten and had a nice time. I loved The Sound of Music and we saw a lot of the sites.The salt mine tour was a blast. (not my picture)
    Reply With Quote  
     

  2. #2  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    I am not working today and had planned to sleep in until at least 9. Instead I woke up at 5.:mad:


    TOTD: We didn't really take vacations when I was a kid. We always drove to every new place we moved though. I loved/hated that. I've seen some of the neatest places in the U.S. because my mom always planned the drive to include a million interesting stops.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  3. #3  
    Administrator SaintLouieWoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Sarasota Florida
    Posts
    40,499
    Quote Originally Posted by LibraryLady View Post
    Looks like Gustav is down to a Cat 2. Sure is strange to see Shepard Smith back in NOLA.
    If the levees hold, maybe there won't be too much damage. The problem is, next time will people evacuate?

    Jindal is a super-hero down here. I even read on DU that they were thankful he wasn't the VP nominee.

    TOTD: What was your best vacation? I travelled a lot as a kid and as an Army spouse but rarely took "vacations". We spent 3 days in Salzburg and Berchestgarten and had a nice time. I loved The Sound of Music and we saw a lot of the sites.The salt mine tour was a blast. (not my picture)
    Thanks for the pic of the salt mines. It brings back good memories. I loved going there and loved Salzburg and Berchestgarten. My trip through Germany and Austria was wonderful. Probably my favorite vacation was to Tanzania. Standing on the Serenghetti not far from huge herds of zebras and wildebeests will always remained etched in my mind.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  4. #4  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    TOTD: We didn't really take vacations when I was a kid. We always drove to every new place we moved though. I loved/hated that. I've seen some of the neatest places in the U.S. because my mom always planned the drive to include a million interesting stops.
    Bwahahaha, we always did that. My ex would take leave with our PCS (permanent change of station). We would stop at various places for a minimal time, we were living out of our car and I was trying to keep 3 little boys interested in a Civil War Battlegrounds or the like. :D

    SLW, for some reason I really had fun at the salt mines. I did not go down the slide but loved the underground lake.
    This is bigger than presidential politics. This is a battle for America.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  5. #5  
    It's clear right now but we will cloud up later and cool down a lot. It will be sweater weather for some of the week at least. Sadly, I just noticed the very first leaves changing color on my silver maple.

    TOTD: Most of my vacation experiences involve camping. When they were highly memorable, it usually involved some kind of physical trauma or car repairs. I'm just not the vacationing type at this point in my life.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  6. #6  
    Resident Unliked Meanie Shannon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Posts
    5,455
    Where's my friggin Twilight Zone marathon?:mad: I've come to except that on holidays like this. This sucks.
    Loyalty Binds Me- Motto of Richard III
    Reply With Quote  
     

  7. #7  
    Senior Member DarkScribe's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sunshine State
    Posts
    787
    Good Lord....there's nothing like seeing Fox News's Shep and Geraldo "on the scene" down in NOLA...and The Mustache is such an idiot...I saw the news clip of him yelling for someone to rescue that guy caught in the water...I swear it almost looked staged.

    TOTD: As a kid I always enjoyed our vacations to the Keys and Key West. Once we spent a few days in the mountains of North Carolina and that was cool. We also did a trip to New Orleans, actually, which even though I was a kid it was pretty fun. Lots of good food, there. My one and only visit to California was when we fly out to San Diego to see my grandmother, and it was cool because I'd never seen the desert, Grand Canyon (we fly over it) or even put a toe in the Pacific (friggin COLD and full of seaweed). One of the highlights of the S.D. trip was going out to El Miramar, aka Top Gun, and seeing that place. This was years before the movie.

    Recently, our family trip to DC, which was the BEST. :)
    "The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown." H.P. Lovecraft in Supernatural Horror in Literature
    Reply With Quote  
     

  8. #8  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    I am by the little + mark by Springhill so I imagine I will gone for a while. Don't let blinky get out of control.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  9. #9  
    Senior Member LibraryLady's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    3,748
    Anyone heard from Lacarnut? Shep Smith said Baton Rouge has some bad news.
    Reply With Quote  
     

  10. #10  
    Power CUer
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    11,411
    Quote Originally Posted by Shannon View Post
    Where's my friggin Twilight Zone marathon?:mad: I've come to except that on holidays like this. This sucks.
    The Style Network has a "Clean House" marathon. I'm just sayin'.
    Reply With Quote  
     

Bookmarks
Bookmarks
Posting Permissions
  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •