Thread: Paper: Obama Speech 'most Dishonest In Decades'...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 Paper: Obama Speech 'most Dishonest In Decades'... 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    Obama's toxic speech and even worse plan for deficits and debt.

Did someone move the 2012 election to June 1? We ask because President Obama's extraordinary response to Paul Ryan's budget yesterday—with its blistering partisanship and multiple distortions—was the kind Presidents usually outsource to some junior lieutenant. Mr. Obama's fundamentally political document would have been unusual even for a Vice President in the fervor of a campaign.

The immediate political goal was to inoculate the White House from criticism that it is not serious about the fiscal crisis, after ignoring its own deficit commission last year and tossing off a $3.73 trillion budget in February that increased spending amid a record deficit of $1.65 trillion. Mr. Obama was chased to George Washington University yesterday because Mr. Ryan and the Republicans outflanked him on fiscal discipline and are now setting the national political agenda.

Mr. Obama did not deign to propose an alternative to rival Mr. Ryan's plan, even as he categorically rejected all its reform ideas, repeatedly vilifying them as essentially un-American. "Their vision is less about reducing the deficit than it is about changing the basic social compact in America," he said, supposedly pitting "children with autism or Down's syndrome" against "every millionaire and billionaire in our society." The President was not attempting to join the debate Mr. Ryan has started, but to close it off just as it begins and banish House GOP ideas to political Siberia.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...pinion_LEADTop

Damn, are these guys pissed or what?

Ryan gives the middle and working class a big "fuck you" while bending over for the affluent and Obama had the gall to call him on it.

Too funny.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Damn, are these guys pissed or what?

Ryan gives the middle and working class a big "fuck you" while bending over for the affluent and Obama had the gall to call him on it.

Too funny.
    keep spewing that crap with nothing to back it up. Obama has done what you claim Ryan has to the entire Country and it's Economy

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    keep spewing that crap with nothing to back it up. Obama has done what you claim Ryan has to the entire Country and it's Economy
    Look, I have alot of problems with the speech starting with how he wants to blame the tax cuts of the early Aughts for our problems while keeping the bulk of them in place but he was dead nuts on by calling out the so-called Ryan plan for its blatant elimination of Medicare with that horseshit voucher. Now, the Republicans and their propagandists are squealing like stuck pigs because Obama called a spade a spade. Not sure what they thought would happen when they put Medicare on the chopping block.

Look, I have alot of problems with the speech starting with how he wants to blame the tax cuts of the early Aughts for our problems while keeping the bulk of them in place but he was dead nuts on by calling out the so-called Ryan plan for its blatant elimination of Medicare with that horseshit voucher. Now, the Republicans and their propagandists are squealing like stuck pigs because Obama called a spade a spade. Not sure what they thought would happen when they put Medicare on the chopping block.
    LMAO, right and where were you when Obamacare defunded Medicare?

LMAO, right and where were you when Obamacare defunded Medicare?
    That's another good one. Think about all those Republicans who ran commercials during the 2010 campaign bemoaning how evil that half a trill cut in Medicare was. Even McConnell his own damn self was spouting that bullshit.

Too funny.

Banned
    Are you that stupid to not understand what is in Obamacare. Let me clue you in. The plan is to take 500 hundred billion out of Medicare, call it savings and put it in Medicaid. That is some funny math there buck-oh. Obama is a liar when he said that Obamacare will save 1 trillion dollars. Every creditable agency debunks that theory. Let's not forget the Doctor and Hospital fix that was going to cut 15% from their pay.

Obamacare will destroy Medicare and the great medical care as we have it in this country. You are an idiot if you do not believe that. Doctors will refuse to take new patients. That has already started to happen. There will be shortages of doctors. One of my doctors told me, he would quit taking Medicare patients. Another told me that he would move to Australia if the government tells how much money he can make. I am on Medicare dumb ass so I know what I am talking about. You on the other hand are just parroting your normal Democratic talking points.

FYI, Obamacare is the law of the land. Ryan plan is just that, a plan. A starting point at trying to engage in fixing the entitlement mess that consumes a great percentage of our revenues along with Medicaid. Of course, any proposal against your Messiah is to be demeaned by a partisan pricks like you.
    Last edited by lacarnut; 04-14-2011 at 01:12 PM.

That's another good one. Think about all those Republicans who ran commercials during the 2010 campaign bemoaning how evil that half a trill cut in Medicare was. Even McConnell his own damn self was spouting that bullshit.

Too funny.
    playing politics, is all it is, though Ryan's plan refunds it but as block grants so states can use it how they want

playing politics, is all it is, though Ryan's plan refunds it but as block grants so states can use it how they want
    I think you are confusing Medicaid with Medicare. The block grants to the Several States is for Medicaid. The Medicare "reform" consists of giving individuals vouchers to try and buy private insurance.

I think you are confusing Medicaid with Medicare. The block grants to the Several States is for Medicaid. The Medicare "reform" consists of giving individuals vouchers to try and buy private insurance.
    and whats wrong with that? honestly, more competition will drive prices down. however there needs to be other reforms to insurance but this will help