Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. #1 Fritter it Away Friday 
    Power CUer
    Gorgeous and sunny in the DC area, and I get out of here early today. Life is good.

TOTD: What's the next big purchase you're planning, something self-indulgent and out of the ordinary? I think our next big one will be the Italian trip in September, but who knows what else might come up.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Either an old car or a trip to Europe ... not sure which yet. Might skip them both a save the money instead. It's all fun and games to think about but when you write that five figure check, you start thinking about what else it can buy like lots and lots of Ramen noodles when you are old.

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by Arroyo_Doble View Post
    Either an old car or a trip to Europe ... not sure which yet. Might skip them both a save the money instead. It's all fun and games to think about but when you write that five figure check, you start thinking about what else it can buy like lots and lots of Ramen noodles when you are old.
    Presumably you have a plan for old age; mine doesn't include Ramen noodles. I'm doing the traveling while I'm still physically able to do so.
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Presumably you have a plan for old age; mine doesn't include Ramen noodles.
    Mine doesn't either ..... but just in case.

It's sunny and should be mild out here today for a change.

TOTD: Well, my self-indulgent ambitions aren't particularly high but I'm planning on buying a high-end ebike sometime this summer. That one deal fell through but I have confidence that another will be along shortly.

This is completely self-indulgent since this will be my bike but there is a practical angle to it since I could use it to make my 20 mile round trip commute, if I wanted. :)

Quote Originally Posted by linda22003 View Post
    Presumably you have a plan for old age; mine doesn't include Ramen noodles. I'm doing the traveling while I'm still physically able to do so.
    Ramen Noodles are awesome.
    I feel that once a black fella has referred to white foks as "honky paleface devil white-trash cracker redneck Caspers," he's abdicated the right to get upset about the "N" word. But that's just me. -- Jim Goad

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    RAM for my desktop, so i don't have to use my laptop all the time, especially for gaming. possibly another car soon

Hopefully a second vehicle.

soaking rains last night. still raining today but much colder. I finally got my lawn fertilized yesterday just ahead of the rain.

TOTD: may have to consider a new or used car/truck. my old one has just about had it.
    Liberals: Obama's useful Idiots

I would like to buy some vertical blinds. Look out world! I'm living on the edge!
    2011 CU Fantasy Baseball Champion