1. #1 A strange campaign theme emerges for Obama 2012. 
    An Adversary of Linda #'s
    It’s OK To Disagree, As Long As You Obey

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f-VZL...embedded#at=14

If you watched Obama’s campaign appearance yesterday – the one you were told would be a historic speech detailing the President’s plans for deficit reduction – you might remember this passage:.....The other day I received a letter from a man in Florida. He started off by telling me he didn’t vote for me and he hasn’t always agreed with me. But even though he’s worried about our economy and the state of our politics, he said,

“I still believe. I believe in that great country that my grandfather told me about. I believe that somewhere lost in this quagmire of petty bickering on every news station, the ‘American Dream’ is still alive…

We need to use our dollars here rebuilding, refurbishing and restoring all that our ancestors struggled to create and maintain…We as a people must do this together, no matter the color of the state one comes from or the side of the aisle one might sit on.”

The President has a habit of dipping into his mailbag to find letters from constituents that support his agenda. Most politicians do it, now and then. But this particular letter sounds strangely familiar in its tone. It’s ostensibly a letter from the south-eastern reaches of flyover country, written by someone who didn’t vote for Obama and doesn’t always agree with him. Hey, wasn’t there a guy just like that in Obama’s 2012 campaign kickoff video?

http://www.humanevents.com/article.php?id=42935

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    the American Dream is still alive in spite of this guy

What the hell country do those people live in?
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

Quote Originally Posted by Articulate_Ape View Post
    What the hell country do those people live in?
    I love how the black lady talks about how they hired Obama to do a job and it wasn't his responsibility to go out and campaign...someone needs to get that memo to Obama

Anyone notice anything missing from this video? Like the candidate? There's a brief flash of him on TV, but that's it. If Obama is too toxic to appear in his own ads, what makes anyone think that he's got a chance at reelection?
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by Odysseus View Post
    Anyone notice anything missing from this video? Like the candidate? There's a brief flash of him on TV, but that's it. If Obama is too toxic to appear in his own ads, what makes anyone think that he's got a chance at reelection?
    http://www.gallup.com/poll/147140/Ob...Tying-Low.aspx

April 15, 2011
    Obama Job Approval at 41%, Tying His Low
    Independents' approval rating down to 35%
    by Jeffrey M. Jones
    PRINCETON, NJ - The latest Gallup Daily tracking three-day average shows 41% of Americans approving of the job Barack Obama is doing as president. That ties his low as president, which he registered three times previously -- twice in August 2010 and once in October 2010.

The current 41% approval rating from April 12-14 polling includes interviews conducted before and after Obama announced his plan for deficit reduction on Wednesday. It also comes in the same week Congress is voting on the 2011 budget deal reached last Friday. The deal did not seem to have an immediate effect on the way Americans viewed Obama, given his 44% approval rating in the three days prior to the agreement and his 46% rating in the initial days after the agreement.
    yep, he's very toxic

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    What's interesting is that the approval/disapproval numbers tend to mirror how the parties vote. Both parties can count on roughly 40-45% of the vote in any election, give or take a few, and the remainder are the swing voters, so whenever a candidate's approval drops below that, he's alienating his party membership to some degree. For examples of some routs, see below:

Ronald Reagan Republican 54,455,472 (58.77%)
    Walter Mondale Democratic 37,577,352 (40.56%)

Richard Nixon Republican 47,168,710 (60.67%)
    George McGovern Democratic 29,173,222 (37.52%)

Obama won a relatively close race against an extremely weak opponent after the end of eight years of W, who was roundly vilified by the press. Throw in the financial meltdown, and the odds against a win were pretty much exponential, and yet, the results weren't that uneven.

Barack Obama Democratic 69,438,983 (52.87%)
    John McCain Republican 59,930,551 (45.63%)

In other words, McCain barely got the Republican base on his side. Independents were split, probably about 3:1 for Obama, and that made the difference. A stronger campaign that actually highlighted Obama's lack of experience, radical associations and numerous gaffes might have prevailed, but it's unlikely that Obama as a semi-known quantity (he's still more of a cipher than any other president in history) will do as well, given his record.
    --Odysseus

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

When exactly was Obama an "underdog senator" in the 2008 presidential election? Obama was the golden boy of the democratic party around 2006 or so when he gave the democrat rebuttal to the state of the union. Right about that time I knew he was going to be the democratic nominee because so many blacks who make up a large base of the democrat party would vote for him just based on his skin color.

Quote Originally Posted by cajunrevenge View Post
    When exactly was Obama an "underdog senator" in the 2008 presidential election? Obama was the golden boy of the democratic party around 2006 or so when he gave the democrat rebuttal to the state of the union. Right about that time I knew he was going to be the democratic nominee because so many blacks who make up a large base of the democrat party would vote for him just based on his skin color.
    In all fairness, that may be the only accurate part of the ad. Hillary was always the presumed front runner. Obama had no name recognition and was an obscure senator with no accomplishments, no track record, and no resume to speak of. Very few people expected him to be in the first tier of candidates, much less the front runner. I did, only because the Democrats always pick charismatic rookies over more established politicians who have failed to get the nomination before. The only real wild card was whether Hillary was seen as old news by the party base, and she clearly was.
    --Odysseus

eagleexpress
    I just hope in the next election people have learned from their mistake and don't give him another 4 years of going on vacation and screwing up the country more than he already has