Thread: U.S. Parents Run Out Of Speed For Kiddies

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When I was a delinquency worker, a lot of the boys I worked with who were petty criminals, but had a history of ADHD and being medicated for it did very well in the military after leaving our system. The military can teach them how to channel all that excess energy into something constructive.
    You're getting there Noon. Won't be long and you'll be advocating work camps for lazy liberals.:D
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    You're getting there Noon. Won't be long and you'll be advocating work camps for lazy liberals.:D
    I've never been anti-military. I never planned to join up myself, but I've had too many relatives who served honorably to hate the military. My dad served in the Army in Korea, after the war, and my great-uncle was a Sea Bee in WWII, among others. One of my coworkers is in the Army Reserve and is on active service right now, and a lot of my coworkers have adult children actively serving.

Plus, I was a little kid in the 60s and the protests used to drive my dad crazy. He would tell us that even if the Vietnam War was wrong, it was the politicians' fault, not the soldiers'. Dad used to buy drinks for soldiers on leave, and gove them rides if they were hitching near a base.

Quote Originally Posted by noonwitch View Post
    When I was a delinquency worker, a lot of the boys I worked with who were petty criminals, but had a history of ADHD and being medicated for it did very well in the military after leaving our system. The military can teach them how to channel all that excess energy into something constructive.
    too bad we're not allowed to do that at school anymore. :(
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.