1. #1 China ban films and TV shows featuring time travel 
    Shows that feature time travel have been effectively banned by the Chinese government after it issued new rules for TV and film directors.

In the latest crackdown on dissent, authorities want its citizens to uphold the country's values and not promote anything that would re-write history.

Chinese censors issued guidance to the film and television industry, which producers would be unwise to ignore if they want to stay on air. ... Outlining the reason for it's decision to ban time travel, the Chinese government said: 'Producers and writers are treating serious history in a frivolous way, which should by no means be encouraged anymore.'

It added that the ban applies to films that contain 'fantasy, time-travel, random compilations of mythical stories, bizarre plots, absurd techniques, even propagating feudal superstitions, fatalism and reincarnation, ambiguous moral lessons, and even a lack of positive thinking.'

FILMS BANNED IN CHINA

Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure
    Back to the Future
    The Time Traveller’s Wife
    12 monkeys
    All the Star Trek films
    All the Terminator films
    Planet of the Apes
    The Butterfly Effect
    Austin Powers
    A Christmas Carol

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz1JgsR1oQh

I feel better knowing flux capacitors will not be Made In China.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Taiwan has the market on those.

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by bijou View Post
    time travel
    Let's not be too quick to dismiss the logic.

Right now, here in the US, we have a crisis of truth in the national discussion from classrooms to internet bulletin boards. The idea that everything is a matter of perspective is pervasive. The idea that there are no facts, merely that the victor has written the history is destructive.

When you quote a department of Justice statistic, and a college stupid gives you the bipolar look of condescending disbelief, because those stats are in conflict with the philosophy he has chosen to embrace, you have a symptom of a crisis of truth.

A government taking a stand against superstition, against a daydreaming mentality in which ones perception stay in flux, a stand for realism and hard data might not be a bad thing. When you look at the aspirations of American youth, actor, model, pop star, athlete, ersatz athlete... do you see the fiber that built this country from a collection of Virginian adventurers to an international powerhouse?

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    Let's not be too quick to dismiss the logic.

Right now, here in the US, we have a crisis of truth in the national discussion from classrooms to internet bulletin boards. The idea that everything is a matter of perspective is pervasive. The idea that there are no facts, merely that the victor has written the history is destructive.

When you quote a department of Justice statistic, and a college stupid gives you the bipolar look of condescending disbelief, because those stats are in conflict with the philosophy he has chosen to embrace, you have a symptom of a crisis of truth.

A government taking a stand against superstition, against a daydreaming mentality in which ones perception stay in flux, a stand for realism and hard data might not be a bad thing. When you look at the aspirations of American youth, actor, model, pop star, athlete, ersatz athlete... do you see the fiber that built this country from a collection of Virginian adventurers to an international powerhouse?
    It's not the government's job to decide what is real and hard data. That's a totalitarian mindset.

The reason that China doesn't want these kinds of movies and TV shows is that it doesn't want other people rewriting history. That's their monopoly.
    --Odysseus
    Sic Hacer Pace, Para Bellum.

Before you can do things for people, you must be the kind of man who can get things done. But to get things done, you must love the doing, not the people!

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA! :D
    "The efforts of the government alone will never be enough. In the end the people must choose and the people must help themselves" ~ JFK; from his famous inauguration speech (What Democrats sounded like before today's neo-Liberals hijacked that party)

eagleexpress
    I don't see what they are so afraid of it is insane

Zaaaaap! I just came back and I stil like Dim Sum!!
    Oh yeah, bummer what I showd them about gunpowder!

And spaghetti!

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.