Thread: Another GOP Official Caught Forwarding Racist Obama Email

Hybrid View

1. #1 Another GOP Official Caught Forwarding Racist Obama Email 
    link

RockaFowler (1000+ posts) Journal Click to send private message to this author Click to view this author's profile Click to add this author to your buddy list Click to add this author to your Ignore list Sun Apr-17-11 12:28 PM
    Original message
    Another GOP Official Caught Forwarding Racist Obama Email

I won't post the picture - way too offensive. If you want to see it, please go to the link.

http://gawker.com/#!5792843/another-gop-official-caught...

This week's casual racist: Orange County Republican Party central committee member Marilyn Davenport.

Davenport—a "Tea Party activist" (aren't they all?)—emailed the image, accompanied by the caption "Now you know why no birth certificate," to several fellow conservatives. Prominent Orange County Republicans, including the party's current chair Scott Baugh, have denounced the email in no uncertain terms—Baugh called it "despicable" and "dripping with racism"—but Davenport says she won't resign. And also that she has "friends who are black." (In Orange County? Is she sure about that?) And also that there is a "double standard" about President Obama.
    DUers have been "outraged" by this all weekend.

Meh, It was poor form and the individual should not have passed it on, but I can't get very upset by it. They called President Bush a "chimp", (and they still do) and passed around pictures of his face superimposed on a chimp.

But because "their" president is of a special color they figure he gets special protections that others don't get. Added to all the racist things they said about conservatives who were black......

If they hadn't called President Bush a chimp and if they hadn't made racial slurs against conservatives who were black, (and if Skinner and those who chose not to call people out on DU hadn't ignored those slurs) I'd be a lot more critical, but they do not have the moral high ground to stand on.

As far as I'm concerned Obama as a chimp says the exact thing as they meant when they portrayed President Bush as a chimp.
    sharp_stick (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-17-11 12:33 PM
    Response to Original message
    1. Teabaggers are simply

too fucking stupid for words. How in the hell could you not see the "downside" in emailing an image like that, it's just beyond belief?
    Ditto for DUers
    MindPilot (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-17-11 12:40 PM
    Response to Original message
    5. To be fair, we on the left portrayed Bush as a chimp.

But he did in fact look like a monkey.
    Maybe to some people Obama looks like a chimp. So I guess that makes it OK to portray Obama as a chimp.
    brewens Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-17-11 01:10 PM
    Original message
    Bush not being black, makes that possibly mean, but not racist.

It was funny though. A buddy and I were laughing at a family group at our Eagles Lodge awhile back. Notoriously loud obnoxious drunks. I commented that it was really like watching some Animal Planet show on primate behavior.
    Their dad is you classic "life of the party" drunken idiot. You would not need anyone to tell you who his son and daughter are if you were there. Aside from the family resemblance, they couldn't be bigger chips off the ol' block behavior wise.
    I called them "papa cackling ass", "jr. cackling ass" and "sissy cackling ass". Watching this bunch is hilarious. A lot like the chimp pics, that compared pics of Bush with similar facial expressions. Nothing racist about that at all.
    It's all about the color of someones skin and their political persuasion to them.

Spare me the false "outrage" of the hypocritical left. This is no different than your elected retards calling Tea Party members, including your O Blah Blah, "Tea Baggers."
    Education without values, as useful as it is, seems rather to make man a more clever devil.
    C. S. Lewis
    Do not ever say that the desire to "do good" by force is a good motive. Neither power-lust nor stupidity are good motives. (Are you listening Barry)?:mad:
    Ayn Rand

I don't see the problem with the pic, they called bush "chimp". What's good for the goose and all that

The pic is adorable!:D
    How is obama working out for you?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Honestly, I have no problem believing there might be some racist motivation behind that picture, especially after reading about her sending out the pic with the WH with a watermelon patch in front of it too.

However, the DUmp lost their right to complain about chimp pics years ago. "Wells when we did it, it was because he was REALLY chimp like, blah, blah, blah." Bullshit.

The last time I raised watermelon they were stolen just when they turned ripe, it turned out to be the only white guy that lived close to me. Wud up with dat?
    http://i686.photobucket.com/albums/vv230/upyourstruly/5d569df9-186a-477b-a665-3ea8a8b9b655_zpse9003e54.jpg

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by pyackog View Post
    Honestly, I have no problem believing there might be some racist motivation behind that picture, especially after reading about her sending out the pic with the WH with a watermelon patch in front of it too.

However, the DUmp lost their right to complain about chimp pics years ago. "Wells when we did it, it was because he was REALLY chimp like, blah, blah, blah." Bullshit.

Clearly there is a difference. We don't have a history of portraying white, Episcopalian males as lower life forms as a group. The attack on Bush was an attack on Bush, whereas a racial reference to Obama is an insult to all black people.

Quote Originally Posted by Rockntractor View Post
    The pic is adorable!:D
    I didn't realize that Barry was Apes bastard son!:eek:
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    I didn't realize that Barry was Apes bastard son!:eek:
    Damn, you're right!:eek:

Quote Originally Posted by AmPat View Post
    Spare me the false "outrage" of the hypocritical left. This is no different than your elected retards calling Tea Party members, including your O Blah Blah, "Tea Baggers."
    But it's DIFFERENT when they do it. They're culturally and intellectually superior to the rest of us to it's erudite when they do it.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.