1. #1 Madison Rally: 500 of them, 5000 of us!! Walker lies:There is NO Silent Majority 
    link

eowyn_of_rohan Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-17-11 12:55 PM
    Original message
    Madison Rally: 500 of them, 5000 of us!! Walker lies:There is NO Silent Majority (with Video)

We represented yesterday the VOCAL MAJORITY of the state of Wisconsin - Scott Walker keeps telling the media that there is a SILENT MAJORITY in our state who support his plans -- which amount to taking away our rights, poisoning our environment, and severely cutting funding to schools, healthcare, etcetcetc.

The teabaggers had to bus people in from around the state to even get 500 people. We had people from all over the state, too, who DROVE - were not bussed in. Who has the greater numbers?

There are efforts being made in Wisconsin now to recall 8 Republican and 8 Democratic senators. Those who are trying to recall the Dems are having VERY LITTLE SUCCESS compared to those who are working to recall the Republican 8.

WE are the majority. They lie to the media try to convince us otherwise, and many buy it - setting the stage for the thugs to continue to hack elections, et al...

Here is another great video of yesterday's rally taken from the thick of the protest, by Jeremy Ryan, Executive Director of Defending Wisconsin PAC, who was being harrassed by teabaggers. We had the pleasure of hanging out with him for awhile. Here he is blogging from his segway.
    They said they were the majority in 2010 as well as the beginning of the month for the WI vote. See how that worked out.

They think they are in the majority simply because they are the loudest.
    iwishiwas (783 posts)
    Response to Original message
    2. Walker's Kochrochy 'silent majority" came out of the workwork April

5 and voted for Processor. I was taken back as they were relatively quiet before the vote--but they are out there and ready to come out again
    Doctor_J Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-17-11 07:42 PM
    Response to Reply #2
    17. Many don't seem to realize how dire the situation is

To the objective eye it is crystal clear that these petitions, marches, signs, and so on are accomplishing absolutely nothing. They're good for feeling good and getting hundreds of rec's at DU, but they have not slowed down the Cock brothers a single bit. All of that enthusiasm and anger at Walker in March added up to a LOSS at the poll on the 5th. And even if, as is likely, Nikolaus found 10,000 votes or so, all of that anger in March STILL didn't translate to an even comfortable win. And if she did steal votes, so what? What's going to be done about it?

I sort of wish we had a forum for the starry-eyed sign carriers. Their posts take up lots of space here but are really distracting from what should be our real mission - taking the country back. OTOH, half of getting through life is feeling good about what you're doing, so if carrying signs helps you get through the day, go for it.
    MedleyMisty (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-17-11 02:17 PM
    Response to Reply #10
    12. General strike!

I guess the system has to get even more messed up before people will realize that it doesn't work.
    elocs Donating Member (1000+ posts) Sun Apr-17-11 02:25 PM
    Response to Reply #12
    13. Great, let's start with a general strike in NC and you can show us how it's done.

I've noticed so many of the people who call for a general strike here in Wisconsin are not from Wisconsin.

I'm sure that Walker would love to see public employees go on strike because then he would have an excuse to fire them.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    um...i bet they don't think that maybe it has something to do with a) people having to work, b) gas prices.

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    um...i bet they don't think that maybe it has something to do with a) people having to work, b) gas prices.
    Or the fact that we tend to stay out of business that is not our own. I mean how many times have you as a conservative driven to protest something in another state that the other state government is doing? The conservatives are not importing nutters from michigan and illinois like the leftists in Wisconsin are.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

5000 of us!!
    And I'm guessing that 4,950 of them were Union goons bused in from other states.
    In Memory Of My Friend 1st Sgt. Tim Millsap A Co, 70th Eng. Bn. 3rd Bde 1st AD...K.I.A. 25 April 2005

Liberalism Is The Philosophy Of The Stupid

To Achieve Ordered Liberty You Must Have Moral Order As Well

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

eeeevil Sith Admin SarasotaRepub's Avatar
    Oops! 19 replies. Looks like that thread, like the Protests, ran out of steam. :D
    May the FORCE be with you!

Quote Originally Posted by txradioguy View Post
    And I'm guessing that 4,950 of them were Union goons bused in from other states.
    If it truly was 5000, that sounds pretty pathetic for the leftards. Only 5000 people in liberal Madison with a major university and scores of unionized gov't workers.

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PoliCon View Post
    Or the fact that we tend to stay out of business that is not our own. I mean how many times have you as a conservative driven to protest something in another state that the other state government is doing? The conservatives are not importing nutters from michigan and illinois like the leftists in Wisconsin are.
    and Minnesota and Iowa

Quote Originally Posted by fettpett View Post
    and Minnesota and Iowa
    them too. ridiculous.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.