Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. #1 I have Grand Jury Duty tomorrow morning 
    Virginia, birthplace of Presidents, mostly good ones.
    It's the preliminaries and i don't care to do it. I've done a bit of research online on how to get disqualified but none of it addresses my particular need. There was a time...20/30 years ago when i would have loved to have done it...and in my zeal i even contacted the clerk of court and said, HEY. I"m willing and able. And not one call in all that time. This is the county that has summoned me. I see my problem. I should have sent the same note to them also.

So. My problem. I'm going in the morning and i would like to be disqualified. But i don't want to do anything that will make the court put me on the list agaiin such as any injudicious remark that will annoy the judge enough that will make him call me again. I'm taking a bible to read, plus my rush limbaugh newsletter. I have my concealed carry which will be noticed i'm sure since i understand that they'll know that from minor background checks.

any tips?

Captain Jones said to leave my CC at home otherwise he'd have to come and bail me out. Okay. BUt i'd like to carry my 'sticker' concealed in my hair brush. Do you think they're too smart for that?
    Last edited by Calypso Jones; 04-17-2011 at 11:47 PM.

Fabulous Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Calypso Jones View Post
    It's the preliminaries and i don't care to do it. I've done a bit of research online on how to get disqualified but none of it addresses my particular need. There was a time...20/30 years ago when i would have loved to have done it...and in my zeal i even contacted the clerk of court and said, HEY. I"m willing and able. And not one call in all that time. This is the county that has summoned me. I see my problem. I should have sent the same note to them also.

So. My problem. I'm going in the morning and i would like to be disqualified. But i don't want to do anything that will make the court put me on the list agaiin such as any injudicious remark that will annoy the judge enough that will make him call me again. I'm taking a bible to read, plus my rush limbaugh newsletter. I have my concealed carry which will be noticed i'm sure since i understand that they'll know that from minor background checks.

any tips?

I've been called for jury duty twice. I walked in and the guard told me point blank that I would never be chosen.

Crew cut
    aloha shirt
    flip flops
    sun glasses

eta - I was disappointed.

it's a little cold for that outfit at this point but i think i could come up with something a little unusual if i had to. Of course i'd have to act totally clueless.

Quote Originally Posted by Novaheart View Post
    I've been called for jury duty twice. I walked in and the guard told me point blank that I would never be chosen.

Crew cut
    aloha shirt
    flip flops
    sun glasses

eta - I was disappointed.
    Ha! A girl with a crewcut, birkenstocks and an attitude! Wadda ya think! You don't need to sit on a jury.

: “Grow your own dope. Plant a liberal.”
    ” Obummercare, 20 percent of the time it works everytime.

Wear a hat and have tinfoil lining the inside of it.
    Stand up for what is right, even if you have to stand alone.

I also thought i'd carry a pair of undies in my purse to keep the guard focused on that and not my makeup case.

Check or say yes if they ask you if you would give more credence to the testimony of a police officer (or any LEO). They'll toss you right there.

Jury duty is a citizen's civic responsibility that I take very seriously. I've been called four times since 1971; two murder trials (one guilty and one not guilty), one workmen's compensation fraud (guilty), and last fall when the defendant took a plea deal before the trial started.

I'm disappointed Calypso.

http://members.socket.net/~mcruzan/images/allen-west.jpg

Four boxes keep us free: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box.

THIS POST WILL BE MONITORED BY THE NSA

Best Bounty Hunter in the Forums fettpett's Avatar
    I got called one time just after I turned 18, but because I was in school my mom got me out of it....I wasn't happy :( haven't been called since in 10 years

Power CUer
    Quote Originally Posted by marv View Post
    Jury duty is a citizen's civic responsibility that I take very seriously. I've been called four times since 1971; two murder trials (one guilty and one not guilty), one workmen's compensation fraud (guilty), and last fall when the defendant took a plea deal before the trial started.

I'm disappointed Calypso.
    I was thinking the same thing; thanks for saying it. The way our county system works, I have been on a list with a control number, and you have to call every morning for a week to see if your number is being called - and mine never has been. :(
    "Today, [the American voter] chooses his rulers as he buys bootleg whiskey, never knowing precisely what he is getting, only certain that it is not what it pretends to be." - H.L. Mencken